BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Business Analyst
- Gathers and analyses the business requirements through meetings & workshops from the operations teams and client users.
- Considers and evaluates functional specifications and operational architecture for up to and including highly complex strategic, global programs.
- Provides consultation to IT and business management on applying technology to business opportunities and planning and implementing cross-functional applications or systems
- Knowledge of clearing and settlement operations for equities and ETOs.
- Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes requirements using standard processes and templates, and translates into functional design and use case documents
- Experience in drafting technical and functional specs for web based technology platforms and solutions
- Participates and provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation
- Tracks scope and change throughout the remainder of the initiative utilizing formal requirements management principles, including change control and requirements traceability
- Consults internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation
- Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a given large, strategic, multi-year project
- Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to develop better processes to be used in the future
- Actively influences software development process improvement initiatives
- Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise
- Expected to work very closely with the onsite and offshore based inhouse and vendor based project teams to ensure that the solution remains relevant and will deliver the expected business benefit
- Execution of business testing in UAT, in conjunction with the end-users
- Provides senior level consultation to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience require
- 6-8 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60141
Organization: Pershing SEC Australia-HR16948
Requisition Number: 1817850