BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Relationship Manager
Overview of Pershing Technology
Technology at Pershing, a BNY Mellon company, provides key technology solutions for our clients. We build, maintain and support the Nexus product, a full front to back set of in-house and vendor developed systems covering order processing, trading, clearance and settlement, books and records, reporting and regulatory systems.
Overview of the Role
The IT Relationship Management team are part of the larger Production Services department. The team follows the ITIL Service Management framework covering Incident, Problem and Change Management on a 24x7x365 basis, as well as acting as an interface between technology, business and clients focussing upon the quality of service provisioning.
Responsible for supporting the delivery of the incident lifecycle from Incident engagement to resolution by leading the resolution for all significant event impacting incidents for the corporation. Commands, controls and directs incident bridge calls between technical SME’s, Senior Management (business and technology), ensures detailed incident status updates are provided both on-demand and periodically are provided on a timely and consistent basis.
Drives direction during the Incident Lifecycle ensuring recovery actions are identified and delivered within expected timescale. Instructs engineer and hierarchy escalation to be performed, advises and approves technology recovery actions to be performed.
Responsible for supporting the delivery of the problem management lifecycle. As a Problem Manager will be responsible to lead the investigation of problems through root cause analysis or through proactive trend analysis and monitoring, manage the lifecycle of a problem, and collaborate with production stakeholders for completion of tasks and for overall governance of the problem management process
Responsible for supporting the delivery of the change management lifecycle. As a Change Manager you will be responsible ensuring the department are following the change process, identifying change clashes and working with different teams to resolve issues.
Key areas of responsibility
- Liaise with technology management as focal point for all high priority & major incidents reported and acquire a good situational understanding of the status event including causes, recovery actions, impact and chronology.
- Actively manage resolver groups by driving them to employ a logical and methodical process to breakdown and isolate causes and recovery steps. Work with them to ensure steps are valid and follow a logical sequence.
- Drive group chats and bridge calls to ensure momentum of diagnosis and recovery.
- Provide support to, and participate in change control and problem management process.
- Focal point for incident status communication.
- Providing on-call / off-shift incident management support for critical issues affecting, or potentially affecting the production environment. As required by rotation and short notice if circumstances require including overnight and weekends.
- Mandatory support for DR events.
- Chair review calls with support and technology management.
- Ensure escalations get appropriate level of focus from technical team tech management, relationship managers, and business continuity.
- Lead Problem Management meetings and adhere to the standard problem management process, tools and documentation.
- Follow defined models/workflows on handling problem tickets in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure tasks from Problem Management meetings are completed on time and escalate where appropriate
- Perform Problem Management closure
- Review Problem MI
- Review changes impacting Pershing EMEA
- Perform local CAB meetings
- Perform daily tasks ensuring Pershing EMEA changes have been closed successfully
- Review Change MI
- Lead the Pershing EMEA DR planning during BNY Mellon DR tests
- Co-Ordinate Pershing EMEA DR tasks during the event
Skills and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate to associates within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a rapidly changing environment and set priorities accordingly.
- Handle conflict situations and make quick decision while driving incidents.
- Confident dealing with staff at all levels and providing direction and instruction.
- Negotiation skills for de-conflicting issues, priorities with different support groups, overcoming obstacles.
- Proactive self-starter able to use and work on own initiative and good time management skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively under pressure.
Desired Knowledge, Experience, Training
- Job holder should ideally have experience of incident, problem or change management>Has a background in infrastructure, application support within an enterprise environment.
- Experience of leading small teams or workgroups an advantage.
- Basic ITIL accreditation an advantage.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60117
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1817929