BNY Mellon Careers
Financial Controller (Group Manager, External Reporting)
Responsibility for all aspects of the accounting and control framework of Polish operation, including:
- Oversee & manage the preparation/recording and reporting of financial transactions for Poland
- Understand and control all aspects of the business
- Agree appropriate accounting treatments and issue resolution
- Management of the month-end close process
- Monitor completeness/accuracy of costs charged to the LE, through review of journals, cost allocations and GL reconciliations
- Manage relationships with Global Delivery Centre and Cognizant to ensure useable, complete, accurate and timely financial information maintained
- Oversight and delivery of Accounts Payable and T&E services to the Polish business
- Manage Intercompany processing for Poland including recording of revenue and expense,
- Cash and FX management for Poland entity
- Document and update clear policies/procedures for the Poland Finance function.
- Ensure compliance with all BNYM accounting policies and procedures
- Coordinate with other EMEA based Controllers - create communication channels and mediums to ensure clear responsibilities and deliverables
2. Finance reporting
- As the senior Finance representative in Poland, support local business management on finance related issues
- Prepare/present quarterly results to LE Management/Board; provide analysis/interpretation of result
- Ensure timely, accurate and prompt submission of all internal BNY Mellon required reporting under US GAAP
- Build Legal Entity plan, based on MAQ reports and project plans
- Provide analysis of entity’s monthly result, review month to month variances
- Preparation of statutory accounts, manage audit process
3. Tax, and other local reporting
Responsible for tax affairs of Polish LE, under direction of BNYM Group Tax team, including
- Computation of CIT for LE
- Oversight of VAT, WHT reporting
- Oversight of other local reporting
- Represent entity at tax and other external audits: National Bank of Poland, Ministry of Economy, Supreme Audit Control, etc.
- Preparation/management of Transfer Pricing documentation for Poland, such as local file and benchmark studies
- Ensure finance governance over newly outsourced business to Poland; including support/oversight of Service Level Agreements, liaison to LE and LOB controllers regarding inter company allocations and its currency settlement; create/coordinate IC allocation rules in FIAS; ensure PeopleSoft approval chain in T&E for new business
- Provide project management leadership for finance projects in Poland
- Enhance the operational processes in the team to ensure standardisation and create efficiencies
- Implement major accounting change for Polish legal entity as required
- Act as Disaster Recovery plan owner
5. Control Focus
- Implement, maintain & improve all relevant controls to comply with all relevant accounting standards and regulatory, corporate, compliance and SOX policy requirements
- Focus on governance and procedures to ensure the appropriate standard is achieved
- Focus on the internal control environment in relation to all the accounting operations
6. Staff and Development
- Lead the Poland finance function, building an effective finance team and infrastructure
- Provide clear management and direction to the Poland Finance team, with regular team meetings and performance appraisals..
- Maintain robust professional training, career development planning & succession planning for staff
- Ensure and foster a climate of continuous improvement.
Understanding of the financial services industry required - exposure to Fund Administration, Custody, Trustee Services etc will be a significant advantage
Experience working in global multi-national entity
Experience of leading a team and delivering transformation
Good understanding of Polish accounting requirements
Good understanding of Polish tax regulations
Exposure to IFRS and US GAAP
Ability to design efficient and controlled processes - drive improved efficiency and enhance procedures
Deliver and implement change in line with Global initiatives
Intellectual capacity to understand, analyse and communicate succinctly complex issues
Focus on delivering solutions and executing against plan
Nature & Area of Impact
Role will provide accounting support to the EMEA Controller covering regulatory, statutory and operational accounting.
Role will be responsible for all local corporate tax reporting (under direction of Group Tax and advice from KPMG)
The role will impact all aspects of the Polish business from a finance perspective and will also have interaction and influence on the wider EMEA finance teams
As a key control function in Poland, the position has a significant role to play supporting and advising the Polish board and local management re finance/tax matters.
Relationships (key relationships and contacts, both internal and external which directly affect success of the job holder’s activities) :
- Ireland Controller - day to day reporting
- EMEA Controller – Finance oversight for EMEA
- Poland Country Head – key contact with Board and local management
- European Tax Manager – re tax issues/developments
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
Knowledge of Polish accounting and tax requirements
Fluent English language – spoken and written
Work in a matrix organisational structure
Strong manager with experience building teams & driving change
Team player, ability to work with management teams
Excellent communicator; able to convey complex information to business managers
Ability to deal with multiple tasks & requests in a fast & evolving environment, coupled with prioritisation & delivery
Manage competing demands and deadlines
Ability to see the bigger picture while understanding the details, ability to provide concise direction & analysis
Positive & supportive leader
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. MBA or CPA/CA/local area equivalent certification preferred.
10-12 years of total work experience with at least 1-3 years in management preferred. Knowledge of GAAP and accounting, tax and finance concepts preferred.
Key Competencies (competencies relevant to the specific job specify whether essential or preferable and level. N.B. the below list combines the Services & Leadership Competency Frameworks):
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal Management Skills
- Managing Risk
Job Specific Competencies
- Quality of work
- Organising Ability
- Problem solving
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85071
Requisition Number: 1817939