BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Application Support Analyst
The Collateral & Clearance Technology group is responsible for building high-performance critical market platforms. The group designs, builds and supports the platform used for US Triparty Repo and Global Collateral Services solutions. This service has 85% of the US Triparty Repo business with $2.7trn of assets globally. This group supports the most critical client-facing services for BNY Mellon.
The group’s responsibility is building solutions to help our clients in collateral sourcing, collateral optimization and high-performance real-time transaction processing. Our collateral optimizer was the finalist in the Franz Edelman Award – considered the highest honor in Operations Research.
After the financial crisis, the Basel 3 regulations focused on the funding and liquidity efficiencies of the sell-side banks and the derivative margin positing for the buy-side. In order to meet these new market challenges, our group is working on building our next-generation collateral platform. The new platform will be built with strong big-data analytic capabilities to deliver to future client and regulatory requirements. Considering the mission-critical nature of the platform, we plan to invest significantly into the core engineering to address high-performance, high-availability, big-data, machine-learning and information risk at the outset.
The work environment is extremely fast-paced with very high levels of collaboration with global product managers (London & New York) and clients.
We are looking to hire App Support members who are hands-on and able to face-off to the clients in designing solutions.
Specific to Support:
- Support Online and Batch process for APAC, EMEA, US applications
- Participate n the release activities and onboard the team with lower environment and then support post release
- Develop Tools, Utilities to monitor and required for managing the application.
- Develop and maintain the portal for support team
- Actively Manage incidents and follow through the RCA process and identify GAPs and work with Delivery team to improve
- Collaborate with the Infra team on the weekly patches, support validation etc.
- Familiarize the various monitoring tools and ensure adoption and are leveraged within the team.
- Collaborate and support business inquires and also during Triage situation.
- Liaison with the Key Clients and actively work with them during Incidents impacting them and managing the triage and communication.
- Lead role also would mean to manage set of people across the globe who support this function.
- Individual contributor roles would be aligned with particular service and would support the respective business service.
- Great opportunity to learn and improve Business domain, Architecture and Infrastructure
Sr. Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. Ensures projects are meeting plans and objectives. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives to ensure they meet system needs. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any issues of high complexity. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. Interacts directly with clients regarding project activities. Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial
· Proficient with Java/J2EE Stack and C/C++
· Good understanding of back end technologies – Oracle and Sybase
· Strong scripting knowledge is a plus – Perl, Shell
· Agile practices and use of tools like confluence, Jira
· Understanding of ITIL – Incident, problem management
· Exposure to monitoring tools – APPD, Dynatrace, Moogsoft etc.
· Exposure to ESP, Batch monitoring tools etc.
· Strong communication skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45167
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1817962