BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Proposal Development
Pershing provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services. These are supported by a robust regulatory and compliance framework with dedicated client asset experience and expertise.
Pershing EMEA is recruiting a Proposal Editor (Senior Specialist, Proposal Development) responsible for leading activities related to proposal development (RFPs, RFIs and DDQs). This includes leading the creation, modification and maintenance of content, which will require collaboration between numerous groups and achieving proper signoff. In addition, they drive process improvement by selecting, developing, and evaluating content to ensure the efficient delivery of client responses.
- Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions with the Deal Team and SMEs throughout the life of the proposal
- Writes and edits proposal for readability, consistency and appropriate tone describing company capabilities, management approach
- Collaborates with SMEs developing and writing technical and management content for responses, which are compliant with the proposal requests;
- Work with subject matter experts to prepare material for pitches, including interviewing experts and/or reviewing and revising text prepared by experts
- Review proposal pieces and final text for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to RFP requirements, in preparation for reviews and final production
- Support non-proposal writing/editing tasks (including reports, corporate capability pieces, success stories, opinion papers and other external materials required).
- Develops approach to proposal response and performs key activities such as drafting of proposals and research. Takes lead on the largest, most complex proposals, that are critical to the organization and responsible for reviewing and even owning responses to RFPs submitted by clients that are considered top priority.
- Conducts legal/business reviews for all potential projects. Contributes to final "go/no-go" deliberation.
- Coordinates with internal business units to research and gather information necessary to prepare a responsive submission to the RFP. Anticipates and resolves any compliance, legal or regulatory review required for response.
- Develops and refines proposal processes and proposal library content.
- Works directly with the client or with the business development or relationship management team to clarify proposal requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred; experience in proposal development preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities at one time
- Ability to multi-task, working alone, and as part of a team.
- Ability to coach sales teams and subject matter experts in writing best practice
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Internal Jobcode: 70050
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1817969