BNY Mellon Careers
Application Performance Monitoring Engineer (Principal Developer)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are an Enterprise Monitoring and Automation Team recently formed to engineer the next generation Monitoring and Automation solution within TSG. We are engineering a full stack monitoring and automation platform utilizing open source software (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Spring, etc.), commercial software (AppDynamics, Moogsoft, etc.) and home-grown software. We are a distributed team with wide range of development and system skills that seek to produce robust, yet simple solutions to problems. We are hiring people that are self-starters who can work independently with minimal direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Installation, setup and configuration of AppDynamics agents and extensions.
- Building custom developed App Dynamics Application dashboards.
- Build custom self-service and automation utilizing App Dynamics API.
- Helping application teams to fully realize the full potential of AppDynamics capabilities and take advantage of APM best practices.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience of Application Performance Monitoring deployment and/or development is preferred.
- Solid understanding of operation system, networking, security, application and storage components and how they integrate into overall system architecture.
- Exceptionally organized, self-motivated, well spoken, and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience implementing AppDynamics.
- Familiarity with basics of navigating within Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience in implementing and supporting monitoring tools environments for a large enterprise company.
- Hands on experience working with monitoring tools such as: Orion, HPOV, Prometheus, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk, ELK stack.
- Experience designing, deploying, and testing of enterprise level monitoring and application automation.
- Experience or exposure to a DevOps role with a passion for stable, resilient and available platforms.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Pennington
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1818021