BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Developer – Events Management (Moogsoft AI Ops)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are an Enterprise Monitoring and Automation Team recently formed to engineer the next generation Monitoring and Automation solution within TSG. We are engineering a full stack monitoring and automation platform utilizing open source software (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Spring, etc.), commercial software (AppDynamics, Moogsoft, etc.) and home-grown software. We are a distributed team with wide range of development and system skills that seek to produce robust, yet simple solutions to problems. We are hiring people that are self-starters who can work independently with minimal direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hands-on development around making the Moogsoft AI Ops platform effective and efficient at the firm, including:
- Correlation design
- System Resiliency and Redundancy
- System scalability
- System maintainability
- Integrations with other tooling
- Data ingestions
- Self Service capabilities
- Contribute to strategy for continuously improving our tools in support of Events Management.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- More than eight (8+) years of experience working in Events Management is preferred.
- More than one year (1+) year of experience working with Moogsoft AI Ops is preferred.
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, threading, synchronization, concurrent programming.
- Self-starter with the ability to do research, collaborate with the organization, or do whatever it takes to figure out the solution to problems.
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt quickly to changing requirements, scope and priorities
- A deep-rooted belief that effective events management will directly increase the availability and resiliency of technology infrastructure.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience interfacing with Operational Teams in support of Events Management.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Moogsoft AI Ops; AppDynamics; Remedy 9; Service Now; XMatters; Grafana; Dynatrace Synthetic; Prometheus; RabbitMQ; Docker; Ansible.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1818030