BNY Mellon Careers
Product Services Developer (Principal Developer)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are an Enterprise Monitoring and Automation Team recently formed to engineer the next generation Monitoring and Automation solution within TSG. We are engineering a full stack monitoring and automation platform utilizing open source software (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Spring, etc.), commercial software (AppDynamics, Moogsoft, etc.) and home-grown software. We are a distributed team with wide range of development and system skills that seek to produce robust, yet simple solutions to problems. We are hiring people that are self-starters who can work independently with minimal direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaison and point of presence to both Platform leads and Production support teams.
- Engage in critical Problem and Incident resolution and ensure stability across the enterprise.
- Ensure Monitoring systems are patched to standard and configuration and code levels are current.
- Ensure Monitoring systems are fully operational and they meet both application and infrastructure needs.
- Detailed understand of the infrastructure and applications as they relate to telemetry, operations, and visualization products.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Ten or more (10+) years of experience in both networking and application tooling is preferred.
- Familiarity of key programming languages (Java, Spring, JDBC).
- Strong understanding of networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTPS and DNS.
- Familiarity of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Spine/Leaf architecture.
- Experience with routing and switching protocols such as OSPF, BGP and STP in a large enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, LDAP and authentication protocols and load balancing strategy.
- Solid understanding of Windows, Linux and Unix environments and navigating within each platform.
- Strong organization skills, self-motivated, well spoken, and ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience with both network and application performance monitoring tools (Orion, Netbrain, nGeniusONE, Prometheus/Grafana, App Dynamics and Moogsoft) is a plus.
- Experience or exposure to a DevOps role with a passion for stable, resilient and available platforms is a plus.
- Experience with Wire Analytics and the ability to decode a packet trace for flow analysis is a strong plus.
- Familiarity of Unified Communications, VoIP mobility, wireless, load balancing and firewall technologies is a plus.
- Credentials for CCNA, CCNP, CCIE and MCSE is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1818033