BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Developer - Java/Instrumentation
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are an Enterprise Monitoring and Automation Team recently formed to engineer the next generation Monitoring and Automation solution within TSG. We are engineering a full stack monitoring and automation platform utilizing open source software (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Spring, etc.), commercial software (AppDynamics, Moogsoft, etc.) and home-grown software. We are a distributed team with wide range of development and system skills that seek to produce robust, yet simple solutions to problems. We are hiring people who are self-starters who can work independently with minimal direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of a near real-time dashboard pulling data from multiple sources across the BNY Mellon enterprise.
- Working independently to contribute to a large team delivering solutions to the meet the needs of executive management as well as the general employee population.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining timetables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in software development is required (proficiency in Java is preferred).
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Passionate about building enterprise-scale frameworks and service oriented platforms with scalability, availability and performance.
- Seven or more (7+) years of experience in developing highly scalable distributed platforms and micro services is preferred.
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming.
- Experience with developing scalable platforms with databases like MySQL, distributed non-relational databases like Cassandra, real-time messaging systems like Kafka, configuration and synchronization services, cache stores like REDIS, etc.
- Experience building container-based applications in public cloud computing platforms like AWS and Azure.
- Proficiency in Python and Go is a plus.
- Experience with Java frameworks including Springboot, Apache Camel, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to drive innovations in the platform.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to solve complex problems and deliver end-to-end products and features.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Pennington
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1818036