BNY Mellon Careers
Intelligence Portal Developer – Angular (Specialist Developer)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are an Enterprise Monitoring and Automation Team recently formed to engineer the next generation Monitoring and Automation solution within TSG. We are engineering a full stack monitoring and automation platform utilizing open source software (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Spring, etc.), commercial software (AppDynamics, Moogsoft, etc.) and home-grown software. We are a distributed team with wide range of development and system skills that seek to produce robust, yet simple solutions to problems. We are hiring people that are self-starters who can work independently with minimal direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of a near real-time dashboard pulling data from multiple sources across the BNYMellon enterprise.
- Working independently to contribute to a large team delivering solutions to the meet the needs of executive management as well as the general employee population.
Specialist Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of experience in software development required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Passion for developing enterprise-scale web applications with 15000+ concurrent users.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience with modern web technologies and frameworks (one or more of Angular, React, Ember, TYPESCRIPT, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience building near real-time dashboards, data visualization and targeted refresh of data on screen.
- Experience with WEBSOCKETS or similar asynchronous browser streaming technology.
- Experience building re-usable UI component libraries.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Pennington
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1818039