BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst, Accounting (m/w/d)
The Legal Entity Controllers are responsible for the accounting of a number of German (DE) legal entities. The Operational Accountant will report to our Legal Entity Controllers and support the accounting process in performing certain Operational Accounting activities in accordance with deadlines and ensuring that the integrity of the financial control environment is maintained at all times.
The primary functions will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Overall responsibility for the Accounts Payable process, executed in Service Centers outside of Germany. Ensure that invoices are processed and paid within the payment terms. Monitor, action and escalate issues related to the Global Delivery Centers for the AP and T&E process.
- Responsibility for the appropriate recognition of expenses in the financial statements.
- Liaise with external vendors, external and internal clients.
- Manage the relationship with cost center owners with regards to expense approvals and cost center allocation.
- Assist the Legal Entity Controllers month-end close process, ensuring deadlines are achieved and the financial accounts are closed in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Produce and process the inter-company invoicing and to assist in the inter-company confirmation, elimination and resolution process.
- Cash management of corporate bank accounts and posting cash transactions to the general ledger on a timely basis.
- Governance and oversight of offshored processes to Global Delivery Centers and to monitor, action and escalate issues thereto related.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an Accounting Team.
- Qualified accountant (Bilanzbuchhalter/in) or equivalent qualification / education (DE GAAP exposure is an advantage).
- Exposure to working with general ledger systems preferably PeopleSoft and related reporting tools.
- Good PC skills essential, in particular Excel.
- Sound expertise in German VAT related topics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as proven decision making and being responsible and accountable.
- Deadline driven with effective time management and ability to work under pressure and attention to detail.
- Client orientated and results focused.
- Able to manage risk in a highly regulated and controlled environment.
- Highly motivated, fast learning and proactive with an ability for problem solving.
- German native speaker.
- Very good English language skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Internal Jobcode: 85082
Requisition Number: 1818090