BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Fund Accounting (Real Estate Team)
Responsible for maintaining accounting/financial records of real estate investment portfolios structured as REITS, partnerships, limited liability companies, ("Funds") in accordance with department policies and procedures. The incumbent is primarily responsible for reviewing property level accounting and operational data related to fund level accounting and GAAP/IFRS financial reporting. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, review and analysis of monthly property reporting packages, cash management and reconciliation, daily accounting/entry postings and ad hoc requests. Resolves reconciliation of accounts for real estate related transactions and reviews work of team members. Performs complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Provides input into methodologies and checks the work of more junior team members.
- Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions. Resolves reconciliation of accounts for more complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.
- Completion of various internal/external inquiries and requests (e.g. inquiries/requests from clients, third party service providers, etc.) and special projects.
- This role requires frequent verbal and written communication with various internal/external parties. Investments include fee ownership in real estate and joint ventures.
No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced team members. May have people management responsibilities in some geographies. Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred – particularly in real estate or property accounting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer (Excel, Word, Yardi, accounting systems) and analytical skills preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Internal Jobcode: 70508
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1818221