BNY Mellon Careers
Corporate Actions Administrator - Entry Level
- Under minimal supervision, compiles, synthesizes and reports on the Banks or market data sources.
- Provides support with access, maintenance and security activities.
- May manage moderately complex databases, feeds, etc. and assists with data sources.
- Conducts preliminary, basic calculations for more senior colleagues and helps develop reports.
- With minimal guidance, supports day-to-day data management activities.
- Monitors data feeds and performs data scrubbing for the Data Management and Quantitative Analysis team.
- Identifies and documents violations, exceptions, or occurrences exceeding tolerance thresholds.
- Adds and maintains data on the Banks systems, inputs and verifies accuracy of information.
- Reviews information entered by more junior team members.
- May test software enhancements and upgrades as necessary.
- Monitors moderately complex databases and spreadsheets.
- Performs basic calculations, initiates the execution of data modelling programs and prepares initial drafts of simple charts, graphs or reports.
- Provides information based on data-related questions from internal and external clients and may help provide solutions.
- Ensures that all customer responses are thoroughly documented and verified.
- No direct reports.
- May provide guidance to more junior roles.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in the financial industry preferred but not essential.
- Understanding of corporate actions theory, process and impact is desirable
- Enthusiastic graduates with Degrees or Masters in Finance or Business.
- Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic would be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Cork-Cork
Internal Jobcode: 70129
Organization: Securities Data Mgt-HR07081
Requisition Number: 1818277