BNY Mellon Careers
Diversity & Inclusion Administrator
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. BNY Mellon has an unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion. This commitment is not only important to our company’s culture and to each of us as individuals, it’s also critical to our ability to serve our clients and grow our business.
The role is responsible for providing research, analysis, reporting, communication and presentation services for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Additionally, the incumbent will support regional affinity groups in an advisory and consultancy capacity. The role is responsible for managing BNY Mellon’s global D&I awards programme, provides input to the global D&I strategy and supports its regional implementation. The position reports directly to the Regional Head of Diversity & Inclusion, EMEA.
• Leads the global D&I awards programme. Works with internal groups to source appropriate candidates, coordinate, draft and review D&I content for external submissions
• Maintains an awards tracker and liaises with award leads to produce updated global awards report on a bi-annual basis
• Identifies and assesses new awards that can assist BNY Mellon in developing market leadership and reach diverse audiences in accordance with our D&I strategy & priorities
• Prepares reports, dashboards, content, communications and presentations as per requests
• Works with Communications team to ensure strong profile of BNY Mellon’s D&I programme internally and externally
• Manages and produces content for internal/external D&I websites
• Helps design and develop D&I tools and resources
• Reviews D&I content for communications proposals and ensures alignment with corporate messaging. Stays connected with regional communications teams through regular meetings
• Liaises with affinity groups to optimize personal/professional development opportunities and creates strategies for greater membership engagement
• Creates and manages D&I events and stays connected to Affinity groups to ensure oversight and alignment of activities with broader D&I priorities
• Coordinates regional affinity group leadership appointments and ensures a process is followed to select, review, and announce new appointments
• Maintains oversight of regional budget and liaises with global team on budget requests, invoices and contracts.
• On boards new vendors and supports vendor management.
• Appreciation and understanding of Diversity & Inclusion within organizational contexts
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
• Strategic thinking, numeracy and analytical skills required
• Excellent organizational skills to ensure D&I activities are organised in a consistent manner
• Candidates should be advanced in Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point and Excel programs, database management and social media tools
• Experience of working with senior management, charities and volunteers preferred
• Project Management skills useful
• Proactive in scheduling meetings and staying connected with various stakeholders – including affinity network leads
• Knowledge of the financial / professional services industries preferred
• Ability to be resourceful
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Human Resources
Internal Jobcode: 75043
Organization: HR Affinity Network-HR12384
Requisition Number: 1818312