BNY Mellon Careers
- Applies strong writing and communications skills for multiple audiences and channels.
- Cultivates collaborative relationships with internal and external resources to support activities. (i.e., wider internal marketing, investment boutiques, sales teams, client servicing, compliance, and external marketing agencies) Provides technical guidance, as needed.
- Creates and embeds best practice for digital content; considers timelines, sign-off processes, and compliance procedures to ensure swift delivery. Appreciation and competency with digital media is required.
- Contributes to the development of a more data-informed method of content marketing by using a test and learn approach to improving messaging and targeting of messages to different client segments or personas
- Keeps abreast of industry/segment trends, market climates, and competitive activities, to recommend ways to leverage opportunities among colleagues.
- Adheres to policies and procedures and is familiar with company practices. May lead special projects/ initiatives for the function or business unit.
- Acts with a clear sense of accountability supporting functional or business initiatives. Proactively identifies obstacles and recommends solutions.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously.
- No direct reports, may provide guidance to less experienced staff or project leadership on a limited basis.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience required. 5-7 years of related experience preferred; experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85403
Organization: North America Distribution-HR11430
Requisition Number: 1818340