BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Third Party Governance (COO Office - Outsourcing)
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
The BNYM SA/NV COO office supports the COO (Chief Operations Officer), as part of the First Line of Defence, in pro-actively and adequately managing all responsibilities assigned to the COO by the Executive Committee of BNYM SA/NV. The COO office performs a key oversight role around the effectiveness of the BNYM SA/NV Outsourcing, Client Asset Safety, Service Delivery, Data Quality; Resiliency and Internal Control frameworks, systems, operational processes and controls, and around the effective management of regulatory/policy changes, to ensure on-going compliance with regulations and policies. The COO office is also responsible for dealing with relevant regulators and external auditor in coordination with the CEO and Compliance, including the management of responses, requests for information, examinations etc.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
As part of the BNYM SA/NV Outsourcing team within the COO Office (First Line of Defence): support the Outsourcing Manager in overseeing the effectiveness of BNYM SA/NV Outsourcing framework, systems, operational processes and controls as well as to ensure compliance with relevant Laws, Regulations and internal Policies, across all products and businesses impacting BNYM SA/NV and its branches.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
As a member of the BNYM SA/NV Outsourcing team:
· Support the ExCo members in charge of the outsourced functions in the execution of the Outsourcing framework across all products and businesses impacting BNYM SA/NV and its branches. Practically this includes a.o.: review of new outsourcing requests, update of contractual arrangements, reporting of KPIs, support for outsourcing oversight meetings and confirmation of the outsourcing landscape.
· Stay abreast of any change in legislation, regulation and BNYM Group re-engineering projects related to outsourcing principles and arrangements.
· Assist in providing regular and ad-hoc reporting and MI to the governing bodies of BNYM SA/NV in respect of Outsourcing matters.
· Support the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Outsourcing framework.
· Manage or support sub-projects driven by Internal Control / Service Delivery or other COO Office requirements, or act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on such sub-projects.
· Work effectively with senior management as well as external auditors.
· Work in close collaboration with the 3 Lines of Defence.
· Contribute to the effective governance of BNYM SA/NV (including its Branches).
· Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
· Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
· Promptly follow-up on any regulatory breach and significant business issues.Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business
Requirements: (what we are looking for)
· Communication Skills
· Interpersonal Skills
· Judgment Skills
· Managing Risk
Job Specific Competencies:
· Analytical Thinking: The ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a systematic step-by-step manner.
· Problem Solving: The ability to build a logical approach to resolve problems or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
· Project Management: Hands on project management of regulatory deliverables. The incumbent will be required to take full ownership and accountability of these deliverables, which will involve analysis, requirement capture, deliverable planning, stakeholder management and risk/issue management.
· Work Quality: The ability to demonstrate attention to detail to achieve quality results.
· Planning and Organisation: The ability to establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure consistent accomplishment of specific objectives.
· Motivation: The ability to create an environment that promotes a sense of achievement, caring and satisfaction; a concern for working against high standards of excellence.
Knowledge, soft and technical skills:
· Good knowledge of the local regulatory environment, and ongoing regulatory initiatives which impact BNYM SA/NV and the business lines
· Good understanding of the European regulatory framework
· Solid understanding of the financial services industry
· Good understanding of BNYM SA/NV organisation
· Knowledge of BNY Mellon systems would be advantageous
· Good PC skills (Microsoft Excel and Word essential, PowerPoint useful)
· Good report writing and presentation skills
· Focused attitude to work with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail, and high level of accuracy
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience in working relationships with Managers and Senior Managers within BNY Mellon
· English fluency
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Internal Jobcode: 85238
Organization: EMEA Area Management-HR06761
Requisition Number: 1818348