BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Analyst, Corporate Actions
- Responsible for performing mandatory and voluntary corporate action, such as dividend payments, reorganization/proxy, bond redemption, etc.
- Responsible for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent in the various functions and for reconciliation activities, client reporting and proration on transactions.
- Responsible for proactively recognizing, researching and processing moderately intricate mandatory and voluntary corporate action events.
- Responsibilities include the daily interpretation, monitoring, scrubbing and notification of complex corporate action events in the global market as well as the reconcilement, monitoring and posting of entitlements to client accounts.
- Balances entitlements and processes liability notices, dividend and interest payments, and class action suits.
- Determine impact of events and disseminate information regarding event to investors and client accounts.
- Responsible for identifying root causes in monthly reviews and developing corrective accounts.
- Responsible for reviewing cash reconciliations, security and suspense transactions reviews adhering to established quality control measures and procedures.
- Responsible for researching and responding to inquiries from internal business groups, depositories, agents, brokers, clients, Investment Managers, sub custodians and/or custodians.
- Work on multiple systems to perform corporate action processing, including creating and scrubbing announcements, sending client instructions to third parties, and, posting online cash and security transactions.
- May participate in the development of documentation that is circulated to the market.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, expected to have an understanding of all corporate action procedures, corporate action events and market practices.
- Contribute to the achievement of team goals and objectives
- Bachelor degree in related discipline or experience required.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience in financial services or corporate actions preferred.
Applicable local/regional licenses or certificates as required by Business.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70451
Organization: MOCSD Service Delivery-HR17225
Requisition Number: 1818389