BNY Mellon Careers
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company passionate about helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Overview of the Team:
EMEA AST provides technology services to line-of-business clients including Transfer Agency, Trust & Depository and EMEA Development. These services are provided via a range of vendor product solutions, bespoke developed in house applications, MI and integration components. In addition the function is developing creative business solutions to deliver the ‘next generation’ of financial services harnessing our Digital Ecosystem.
BNYM are looking for a passionate individual to join their growing EMEA Asset Serving Technology (AST) Development department as a Business Analyst. The EMEA AST Development team is spread globally, you would work closely with Project Managers, Analysts, Developers and Architects based in London, as well as a small development team based in India (Pune and Chennai).
The team is working towards becoming a fully agile software development team, focusing on delivering often, embracing early feedback from our customers and improving working practice leveraging best in class standards and software toolsets.
This is a very unique moment to join the team as the whole AST group is going through the major changes both from the location strategy perspective (e.g. growing in Wroclaw / Manchester) but also in terms of shifting the focus towards significantly modernizing the technology stack to leverage some of the benefits provided by company-wide strategic initiatives (Nexen, Greenfield).
Overview of the role:
The successful candidate will be part of a multi skill development team responsible for all phases of the systems integration lifecycle, delivering solutions that add direct value to our large and diverse client base. The team works on a range of applications, delivering changes of various scale and complexity, both on vendor and in house developed software, with legacy as well as new technology components implemented from scratch. Therefore we need a Business Analyst to:
- Liaise with the Business Partners and Developers to deeply understand the existing system functionalities;
- Analyze, define and challenge the business requirements to come up with the solutions that are fit for purpose, satisfactory for the end-users yet relatively easy to implement by the Development Team;
- Translate the requirements into precise and comprehensive functional specifications and use-case scenarios;
- Liaise with Project Manager and Dev Managers to define and prioritize scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for development sprints;
- Gather and analyze information and developers’ recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas;
- Apply experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify as well as implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed up time-to-market.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst, preferably in a banking or similar environment
- Experience with building solutions based on business and technology requirements
- Understanding of service orientated multi-tiered application architecture utilizing web service standards and protocols (REST, JSON)
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies – experience with agile scrum preferable
- Ability to problem solve in a high paced development environment.
- Familiar with data models
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60144
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1818434