BNY Mellon Careers
This role involves the administration of Transfer Agency Services. The primary objectives of the role of a Senior Analyst are quality customer service and communication, Anti-Money Laundering checks, on-going Due Diligence on shareholder accounts, quality checking of work by junior and senior administrators as well as other daily administrative tasks. In addition, the Senior Analyst is expected to be involved in more complex tasks, projects, internal and external audits as well as assisting the team’s manager.
- Deliver high quality service to customers, both internally and externally, through timely and accurate completion of all tasks assigned. Ensure any queries from shareholders and clients are handled in a professional way and a professional relationship is maintained with the client at all times. Ensure the shareholder telephone line is answered professionally within 3 rings.
- Timely completion of work allocated by the Manager in an accurate fashion and within agreed deadlines.
- Completion of daily checklists/test scripts accurately for all tasks assigned
- Prepare any weekly / monthly reporting required, and pass on to the Manager for review.
- Prepare incident reports and update logs within the appropriate timeframe for review by your Manager.
- Ensure all paperwork is filed on a daily basis in an organised manner to facilitate easy retrieval and review when necessary.
- Keep the Manager informed of any issues that may affect the completion of your duties within the agreed deadlines as soon as they arise, to ensure prompt resolution.
- Notify the Manager of progress and highlight any concerns or complaints as a matter of urgency.
- Take responsibility for self development in order to continually improve your performance on the team. This can be achieved by participating in cross training on various tasks to enhance productivity of the Transfer Agency department.
- Identify areas where improvements can be made on the team and identify any training that is required to achieve this. Communicate the requirements to the Manager.
- Provide holiday and sick leave cover for other team members as required by the Manager.
- Share knowledge within team / department
- Adhere to BNY Mellon standard procedures and controls in accordance with the relevant Transfer Agency Departmental Procedures Manual.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all corporate policies and procedures including the HR Manual and the Clear Desk policy. Ensure completion of all Web Based regulatory training within agreed timeframe.
- Gain an understanding of all output reports produced on a daily /weekly / monthly basis.
- Gain an understanding of complex tasks and seek to bring to a timely close.
- Actively participate at team meetings and assist in minute taking.
- Accurately review any work that may be assigned to you by your Manager
- Manage and facilitate audit reviews with the internal and external auditors and CSSF
- Train more junior staff members
- Expert technical knowledge of Transfer Agency functions, in particular in the area of Compliance matters, including strong knowledge of Luxembourg regulation pertaining to AML and KYC.
- In depth understanding of Anti Money Laundering Requirements of local Regulator and Bank Policy and excellent awareness of Fraud prevention, Compliance requirements and operational risk areas and BCP for TA.
- AML/KYC review of investor documentation & re-freshing the documentation where required.
- Performing Ongoing Due Diligence for existing investors according to the agreed ODD plan.
- Perform Screening on related parties while performing On-Going Due Diligence.
- Providing weekly and monthly statistics on the ODD progress to both the Management as well as the Clients.
- Working closely with the Lead Analysts in order to meet ODD deadlines.
- Escalation and interaction with the Compliance team (PEP, SAR).
- Performing KYC checks in line with the BNYM AML Policy.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Excel, Word, Lotus Notes and other relevant office systems.
- Thorough understanding of the inter dependencies between TA and the other Depts. in the Bank as a whole.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Customer service focus and delivery.
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-motivation skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving
- Procedural knowledge
- Concern for Quality/Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of the CSSF 12-02 regulation
- Knowledge of FATCA/CRS requirements would be a plus
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in the AML/KYC
- Proven experience on projects & planning
- Experience in On-going Due Diligence would be a plus
- Excellent English (written and spoken)
- French, German or Dutch would be a plus (but is not a must)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg-Luxembourg-Luxembourg
Internal Jobcode: 70310
Organization: Transfer Agency EMEA-HR07268
Requisition Number: 1818452