BNY Mellon Careers
Grp Mgr,Project/Prgm Mgmnt
Scrum Master Lead
Do you thrive on working on the cutting edge? Working with innovators in the early stages of ideas, products, or platforms? Do you want to transform an industry? Crave new challenges and solving hard customer problems using the latest in software technology?
At Eagle Investment Systems, we are transforming ourselves and the FinTech industry. Join us to part of this amazing journey. We are looking for smart, motivated, fun people to help us with this industry changing transformation. Already an industry leader in Financial Technology, Eagle is building the next generation solutions to include new and emerging technologies around Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Data Science and distributed Cloud computing.
As a Scrum Master Lead at Eagle, you will use your strong expertise in Agile Scrum to facilitate the software lifecycle delivery of the latest technologies from Mobile to Cloud to create amazing customer focused SaaS products. Come help us re-imagine our solutions to provide world-class, best of breed solutions to delight our customers. Make a major impact on the FinTech industry.
What You Will Do:
As a Scrum Master Lead, you are accountable for working with engineering and product teams to deliver capabilities that meet overall business strategy and objectives using Agile methodologies. The key to the success of this position is partnering with Product Managers and coaching the engineering team to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the backlog and Scrum processes are followed to improve team effectiveness. In addition to owning the SM duties for one or more teams this position is instrumental in driving a cohesive Agile Scrum practice across the Product Delivery (all roles) group. This will require you to create training curriculum, mentor other Scrum Masters, deliver presentations and ensure consistent measurements are raised for all teams.
Experience as a Scrum Master working in an Agile environment managing product or programs while demonstrating effective coordination across engineering (Dev/QE) and Product Owners
· Previous experience transitioning teams from Waterfall to Agile Scrum
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and leadership skills
- Understanding of test-driven development and software test automation processes
- Knowledge of continuous delivery practices
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and drive predictability
- Capable of owning JIRA changes to support organization needs
- Scrum Master Certification or equivalent training
- Experience in an engineering role
- Experience in leading or managing individuals
· Experience coaching and mentoring other Scrum Masters
· Comfortable delivering presentations to large groups
· Experience in a start-up culture or company
· Experience solving agile scale issues cross functionallyGroup Manager, Project/Program Management->> Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams of project managers who are the primary contact for clients and groups within the organization for small to medium scale projects. The team is responsible for end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of small scale to medium scale projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery is in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Proactively manages a team of project managers. Provides guidance on business and technical subject matter to associates. Conducts status meetings and facilitates risk mitigation and resolution of more complex issues. Directs, recruits, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Recommends enhancements to project management tools / techniques and software development life cycle methodologies. Facilitates testing preparation and test execution. Manages one or more project management teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 8 + years of related project management experience required, experience with technology and/or the financial services industry is a plus. Prior experience managing projects of 10+ team members required.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45296
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Eagle Cloud And EMS-HR06432
Requisition Number: 1818572