BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Developer - Agile JAVA/Angular/Python Developer and Integrator
This position is part of the BNY Mellon Information Lifecycle Management group, responsible for building and buying solutions to support Cyber Security Data Masking, Records Management, Application Archive and eDiscovery/Legal Hold workflows across the vast array of enterprise data. This broad mandate creates varied and exciting opportunities for an experienced developer with strong integration skills interested in tackling big data issues. We work in small, highly motivated, self-directed team primarily in the NY Metro area leveraging Pune production support staff.
Join the Information Lifecycle Management team with your skills and knowledge of JAVA and coding APIs, in building Data Masking as a Service in support of BNY Mellon's Cyber Security initiatives. You will be responsible to take part in conducting OOAD, modeling the solution, develop and test code, deploy the service and provide ongoing application support in the Information Lifecycle Management department. The service will support new technological data stores coming into use at BNY Mellon. You will have opportunity to keep your knowledge current in new technologies i.e. Hadoop, MongoDB, MariaDB, etc.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in object-oriented analysis and design among the development team
- Develop JAVA classes in support of the application model, using the BNY Mellon Application Engine
- Application Program Interface (API) design and coding
- Work with contemporary data stores, i.e., Hadoop, MongoDB, MariaDB and the Cloud
- Code and debug Python code
- Design and build artificial intelligence discovery capability
- Ongoing extension of the application's original release and application support
- Understand data masking and the regulations and BNY Mellon policy for protecting personal information in non-production environments
- Provide ongoing service support to internal clients of the service
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (8-10) years of experience in software development is required.
- Expertise in JAVA, Python, and Agile development: APIs and various SDKs is required.
- Experience with Windows and Linux OS, SFTP, NDM, WAS, LDAP, configuration is required.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in cyber security / records management a plus.
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: BNY Mellon Technology-HR06363
Requisition Number: 1818621