BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Group Mgr, Third Party Governance (TPG)
Primary Responsibilities Include: Third Party Governance Policies:
- Create and maintain in an evergreen fashion a comprehensive set of Third Party Governance policies
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure that the policies comply with the US and regional regulations
- Work with Procurement, Corporate data and Security teams to ensure that the policies are optimized and not overlapping
- Obtain necessary approvals or no-objections from Risk and other lines of defenses for the policies
- Publish the policies and train the stakeholders on a periodic basis
- Whenever a policy is revised or a new policy is created, work with Third Party Governance teams to create and implement detailed operating procedures, guidelines and SLAs
- Assess the effectiveness of the procedures on an annual basis and make improvements as necessary
- Be responsible for the Third Party Governance Risk Control Self Assessment (RCSA) and associated action items
- Build the team by hiring high performing staff
- Direct, motivate, and develop staff
- Responsible for employee satisfaction and performance management of the team
- Proactively communicate the upcoming changes to stakeholders
- Develop close relationships with key stakeholders across Compliance, Legal, Risk, and Audit teams and keep them informed of emerging changes
- 12 – 15 years of total work experience, with 3-5 years of management experience preferred
- 1-3 years of experience managing teams, with a track record of promoting team members is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in Third Party Governance, Procurement, Strategy, Management Consulting, Compliance, Legal, Audit, Risk, Policies/Procedures areas is preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required
- MBA from a top institute is preferred, but not required
- Management consulting experience is preferred, but not required
- Process optimization experience is preferred, but not required
- Military experience is preferred, but not required
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Internal Jobcode: 85241
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1818632