BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Compliance & Control
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Regulatory Change, the role of the Specialist, Compliance & Control is primarily to support BNY Mellon in understanding the impact of all new regulatory changes and in implementation of major regulatory changes. The role has two main elements: the first is in the analysis of new regulatory changes and the provision of advice to management to ensure that they are prioritized and actioned appropriately by the firm; the second is leading for the department in supporting BNY Mellon’s implementation programmes for a number of major regulatory change initiatives. The role offers the incumbent an exciting opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of new regulatory initiatives across multiple jurisdictions and businesses at a global company that touches almost every part of the financial services industry.
• Utilise existing framework to identify, assess and track key regulatory changes by reviewing sources of information in all applicable UK and EMEA jurisdictions.
• Contribute to the development of a framework to maintain the regulatory change library.
• Monitoring and assessing changes in the regulatory environment and production of analysis documents that can be easily understood by the businesses and clearly identify the key issues for BNY Mellon.
• Provide support to leading for Compliance on major regulatory change programmes, through the provision of advice, interpretation of regulatory requirements with input from Legal and provision of effective challenge.
• Provide support to collate, develop and improve Management Information for use within Compliance internally and internal for a, Legal Entity reporting.
• Proactively monitors multiple regulatory information sources to identify new/revised regulatory developments that are applicable to BNY Mellon’s EMEA business activities across multiple jurisdictions (horizon scanning)
• Documents regulatory developments, in an on-line tracker tool, in a timely manner, comprising a summary of each development, with an initial impacts rating
• Production and input into traceability matrices for key regulatory initiatives within ProAct Regulatory Change tool.
• Take ownership of tracking, updating action and change logs (regulatory area).
• Enthusiastic self-starter
• Previous conduct experience within the Compliance function in the financial services industry
• Experience of European regulatory requirements and not just UK
• Ability to understand, interpret and communicate relevant regulatory requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Focused attitude to work with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail, and high level of accuracy
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage a significant workload during busy periods
• Excellent knowledge of Computer and MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with eye for detail and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85160
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1818679