BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Princ'l Project/Prgm Mgr
- Manage portfolio governance, planning and financial management routines.
- Identify key program/project performance indicators
- Identify key leading and lagging risk factors
- Ensure compliance to all policies and procedures
- Monitor all IT programs for program performance and perform regular corporate audits
- Partner with CIOs and CAOs to drive program and project execution on behalf of the Head of Technology.
- Must be able to influence key programs and risks to drive towards client benefits.
- Able to provide and prepare executive summary of portfolio activity for executive committee (EC) and board level presentations.
- Proven track record of strong program and project financial management and routines, and the ability to transform toward targeted state goals.
- Must ensure routines and structures are in place and maintained, with deliverables tracked, within a substantially large portfolio of technology investments, and key programs consisting of significant slate of ongoing projects (500+).
- Leads and provides innovative direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications.
- Manages and oversees the end-to-end project management activities of highly complex projects involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization. Owns formal definition, documentation, and communication of overall program scope and objectives.
- Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies.
- Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts, budgets, and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner.
- Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments).
- Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees.
- Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program.
- Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders).
- Manages Program Office Resources.
- Acts as the primary interface between technology infrastructure and a specific business/functional area.
- Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations.
- Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy.
- Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of Project
- · Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- · Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial
- · 10-12 + years of project management experience required (L) 12 plus for M
- · Experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
- · Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management
- · Solid understanding of Agile and waterfall methodologies
- · Experience in finance/banking industry
- · Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- · Project delivery expert
- · Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills
- · Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, and sound judgment
- · Ability to build strong productive partnerships across functions
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45213
Organization: Office of the CIO-HR06033
Requisition Number: 1818865