BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Data Analyst
Designs and creates highly complex logical/physical data models, and data dictionaries that cater to the specific business and functional requirements of applications. Consults with businesses to identify needs and translates those needs into data architecture solutions. Develops comprehensive data/technical specifications that bridge business/product needs with system design/deliverables. Performs data extracts and creates complex data reports to analyze user metrics. Develops understanding of business needs and functionalities to determine compatibility of database with existing hardware/software applications and recommend the most cost effective methods. Consults with database administration and client areas and provides solutions in resolving issues during the translation to a physical database design. Provides knowledge and expertise of enterprise data to assist the business in the creation and definition of internal and external message flows. Provides knowledge and expertise in existing database environments and makes recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancy. Analyzes market trends for data modeling tools and metadata management software. Provides input into the selection of tools and any necessary migration into the company's environment. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 8-10 years of experience in data modeling, data warehousing, data entity analysis, logical and relational database design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required, DB development experience across Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server space
- Must have very good understanding of technology infrastructure and their relationship
- Very good understanding of relational database modeling
- Strong hands-on experience in in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development in 11g and 12c environments
- Good understanding of Server performance troubleshooting
- Analyze user requirements and translate into database requirements and implement in database code.
- Knowledge in writing packages/procedures
- Be a leader in the development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus ·
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45151
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1818866