BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Enterprise Risk
- Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve the highest level of risk reporting quality across all enterprise risks.
- Support the LERO in running the legal entity risk committees - manage collation of the Risk Committee packs. Set up and manage committee diary’s and schedule meetings, manage communications; complete formal minutes and manage action points for committees
- To assist in overseeing the implementation of the Risk framework, methodology and requirements for UK
Legal Entities, implementing global and EMEA policy.
- To support the development of common procedures and processes for UK Legal Entities and help drive
the consistent application of the Risk Framework across legal entities in EMEA.
- Work closely with UK Legal Entity stakeholders across support and operational business areas in order
provide an independent review of the Legal Entity individual business units risks both on a business as
usual and an ad hoc basis. This will involve supporting the Risk Principals in providing oversight and challenge of the Legal Entity systems and controls.
- Support the UK LERO and Risk Principles in contributing to the Legal Entity external risk reporting (to regulators or in annual accounts) i.e. ICAAP, Pillar III.
- Coordinates the compilation of the Risk Appetite measures, subsequent reporting and investigation/reporting to Legal Entity governing bodies on risk exposures relative to risk appetite. Supports review/re-definition of risk appetite statements (annually, or more frequently as required)
- Contribution and maintenance of the UK material risk profile through the legal entity High Level Assessment process.
- Coordination of the UK LE Risk approval of change projects, i.e. new/ modified products, business process change, new clients, outsourcing etc.
- The UK LE Specialist must maintain an effective dialogue with a wide range of stakeholders across the corporation in order to support a series of legal entity focused continuous improvement risk management projects, as well as ensuring high quality routine and ad hoc risk reporting and analysis.
- Contributes to the organization's compliance with the enterprise risk management framework by triaging risks and assisting with the development of processes and controls to manage risks, monitoring the control environment, remediating deficiencies, monitoring activities with moderate degrees of risk potential and increasing organizational awareness of the risk management framework.
- Supports cross-functional efforts to promote a strong risk culture.
- Contributes to the development of cross-risk reporting for management on outputs of risk management activities.
- Builds relationships with organizational managers to increase the likelihood that risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and implementation of improvements will be completed on time. Escalates issues to more senior professionals.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Business Analytics or Risk, Financial or Regulatory Reporting background preferred.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills are required in order to interact across EMEA Risk and
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to gain confidence of stakeholders and challenge the status quo, as appropriate
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, has initiative and self-motivated is essential
- Knowledge of risk management, economic issues and regulatory environment; financial services / banking, investment services highly preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven track record of delivering
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 85194
Requisition Number: 1818869