BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Enterprise Risk
- Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve the highest level of risk reporting quality across all enterprise risks.
- To assist in overseeing the implementation of the Risk framework, methodology and requirements for Ireland
Legal Entities, implementing global and EMEA policy.
- To support the development of common procedures and processes for Ireland Legal Entities and help drive
the consistent application of the Risk Framework across legal entities in EMEA.
- Work closely with Ireland Legal Entity stakeholders across support and operational business areas in order
provide an independent review of the Legal Entity individual business units risks both on a business as
usual and an ad hoc basis. This will involve supporting the Risk Principals in providing oversight and challenge of the Legal Entity systems and controls.
- Review and contribution to the Legal Entity external risk reporting (to regulators or in annual accounts) i.e. ICAAP, Pillar III.
- Coordinates the compilation of the Risk Appetite measures, subsequent reporting and investigation/reporting to Legal Entity governing bodies on risk exposures relative to risk appetite. Supports review/re-definition of risk appetite statements (annually, or more frequently as required).
- Contribution and maintenance of the Ireland and Legal Entity risk profiles through the Material Risk Identification process.
- Coordination of the Ireland LE Risk approval of change projects, i.e. new/ modified products, business process change, new clients, outsourcing etc.
- The Specialist must maintain an effective dialogue with a wide range of stakeholders across the corporation in order to support a series of Legal Entity focused continuous improvement risk management projects, as well as ensuring high quality routine and ad hoc risk reporting and analysis.
- Builds relationships with organizational managers to increase the likelihood that risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and implementation of improvements will be completed on time.
- Escalates issues to more senior professionals where required.
- Supports cross-functional efforts to promote a strong risk culture.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Business Analytics or Risk, Financial or Regulatory Reporting background preferred.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills are required in order to interact across EMEA Risk and EMEA Executive Management.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to gain confidence of stakeholders and challenge the status quo, as appropriate.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, has initiative and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of risk management, economic issues and regulatory environment; financial services / banking, investment services highly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Proven track record of delivering.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Internal Jobcode: 85194
Requisition Number: 1818870