BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Model Developer
- The Specialist (Financial Modeling Analyst) will contribute to highly visible enterprise-wide modeling programs, dedicated to a specific area of the business.
- The models make estimates that are a key input to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- The role will be to execute corporate-wide standards for model development.
- The incumbent will be responsible for identifying problems that can be solved by the application of financial theory and building models which improve the firm's operations.
- The incumbent may work in one of five disciplines, each responsible for a different type of modeling:
- Credit Risk Modeling
- Treasury Modeling
- Market Risk Modeling
- Pricing Modeling
- Forecasting Execute corporate-wide standards for model development by creating options for theoretical frameworks, collecting data needed, supporting assumptions, and reviewing outcomes.
- Master's Degree/PhD in a quantitative discipline, including engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, economics.
- The candidate must have a superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Must have experience with complex quantitative modeling, numerical analysis, and computational methods using programming languages (such as C/C++, C#, Java, FORTRAN, MATLAB, SAS) as well as mathematical/statistical software packages.
- Must be extremely focused, detail oriented, results oriented and highly productive.
- Must have a proven track record of being able to efficiently and effectively conduct independent research, analyze problems, formulate and implement solutions, and produce quality results on time.
- The candidate must have excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, assertiveness & influencing skills, and the skills to explain abstract theoretical concepts to a non-expert audience in easy-to-understand language.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85357
Requisition Number: 1818883