BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. eFX Developer
BNY Mellon is investing in its eFX offering and is hiring development resources to build out its capabilities in London. This technology role is within is a small globally distributed team. Targets over the next year including completing a strategic investment project to industrialise the eFX offering by automating as much of the business as possible and generally improving software quality and resiliency. In scope is the development of a range of execution services for BNY Mellon’s large, existing client base. The candidate will be comfortable working on both front and back end systems. Everyone in the team works across the stack. Amongst the projects and components the candidate can expect to be involved with are:
- Integration with client ECN venues
- Enhancing our client facing algorithmic trading product
- OMS implementation for electronic and voice client orders
- Liquidity aggregation and execution tools
- FX forward pricing
- Best Execution reporting
- Business analytics and metrics services
- Develop key components of our eFX target state architecture both from a business and technology perspective.
- Be a trusted partner with the EMEA business lines in developing and delivering technology solutions.
- Leverage vendor products were appropriate and applicable.
- Own the formal definition, documentation, and communication of project requirements scope and objectives.
- Document business requirements and process and, where appropriate, carry out testing to ensure requirements are met.
- Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company standards and policies.
- Managing deliverables across multiple system owners to deliver critical changes to existing systems.
- Manage and resolve risks, issues and dependencies.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- We are looking are a combination of the following technical skills:
- Web development, i.e. HTML5 / TypeScript / REST APIs / Websockets.
- High performance, core Java
- FIX API knowledge
- Trade booking systems principles
- UNIX/Linux scripting
- SQL / KDB
- Reuters RET / Pragma / Smart Trade / FX Connect
- Proven client and business facing experience as this is a trader facing role
- Prior, in-depth, experience in analysing and presenting solutions for large-scale production systems
- Experience of working with/managing globally distributed development teams/system owners
- Excellent knowledge of electronic trading systems for FX products
- Experience with OMS, Aggregation & Execution or Market Making technology
- Financial Services product knowledge (especially FX)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic and be keen to work on a trading floor
- Good understanding of real world software development lifecycles used in a front office environment
- Experience with brokers and platforms such as, FX Connect, EBS, Reuters Dealing, FXAll, Bloomberg and 360T.
- Understanding/Experience of working on FX SDP’s
- Appreciation of operational risk
- Comfortable with system testing against requirements.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60172
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1818886