BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Internal Wholesaler
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms, wealth management organization, and global distribution companies. Our goal is to build and deliver investment and wealth management strategies and solutions to meet our clients’ needs. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. Through our global network we have developed a significant understanding of local requirements. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams. With extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments planned giving programs, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management can help our clients reach their goals.
The Senior Internal Wholesaler plays a key role within BNY Mellon Investment Management. In partnership with the External Wholesaler, the Senior Internal Wholesaler – via outbound phone and email communication – develops and maintains existing relationships, and identifies and acquires new business within a specified territory to meet sales goals. Working in close partnership with an external wholesaler, the Senior Internal Wholesaler works to develop and maintain meaningful client relationships with financial advisors at wirehouses and regional and independent broker/dealers in a geographic territory for the purpose of acquiring and retaining mutual fund and other professionally managed assets.
The Senior Internal Wholesaler raises and retains assets within a geographic territory by making proactive phone calls to financial advisers to share sales ideas, provide product information, gather marketing data and offer sales support. This individual develops and maintains relationships with existing financial advisers in order to sell Dreyfus funds and identify new sales opportunities. The Senior Internal Wholesaler also develops and implements a business plan and sales strategy with the External Wholesaler, and delivers effective presentations to promote Dreyfus funds and competitive advantages.
The Senior Internal Wholesaler must have an understanding of and passion for the sales process, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills. He or she must also have excellent organizational and follow up skills, and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously. Moreover, the Senior Internal Wholesaler must demonstrate professional presence, poise, strong presentation skills, and a high level of energy and motivation.
- Achieve sales and sales activity goals as set by Americas Distribution leadership team
- In partnership with an External Wholesaler, identify asset management business opportunities; move prospective clients through the sales process; create Dreyfus promoters; and close new business within the territory
- Drive results and raise awareness of Dreyfus investment products and services by delivering key messages through targeted prospecting activities including cold calls and virtual communications
- Build, grow, and maintain advisor relationships by developing a thorough understanding of Dreyfus funds and successfully position them to advisors
- Develop a thorough understanding of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments – and leverage this knowledge to be a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients and position Dreyfus funds effectively
- Develop a thorough understanding of the sales process – and leverage it to assist in moving clients and opportunities to the next stage
- Support the External Wholesaler in the development and execution of a strategic business plan to generate assets and grow share in the territory
- Assess the needs of each client by asking targeted, high impact questions, and position the appropriate fund that meets those needs
- Proactively support broader corporate initiatives and participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
- College Degree, either BA or BS
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required (or must obtain within 90 days)
- Knowledge of financial industry sales or service a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 02031
Job: Asset Management
Organization: North America Distribution-HR11430
Requisition Number: 1818989