BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist (Subject Matter Expert), Corporate Operational Risk Management Reporting
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Risk & Compliance is BNYM Mellon’s second line of defense, responsible for overseeing and challenging the first line of defense’s management of risk.
The role forms part of the Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) organization at BNY Mellon within Risk & Compliance. CORM is dedicated to providing direction, guidance, tools, training oversight and challenge to help businesses throughout the firm apply operational risk management best practices. The functional teams within CORM include:
- Policies, Tools and Training
- Third Party Risk
- Business Continuity
This role is a member of the Reporting Team which is responsible for developing and generating Enterprise level Operational Risk reports for Executive Management, the Board, select Legal entities, regulators and the broader community managing operational risks. The team ensures accurate, comprehensive data is captured to support enterprise-wide operational risk management and analysis including risk identification, risk appetite, risk aggregation and enterprise-wide reporting.
The Operational Risk Senior Specialist will play a key role in developing and executing the reporting strategy, and improving reporting and analytic capabilities, including:
- Play a key role with the identification and implementation of automation, data improvement, and consolidation opportunities to continually improve productivity;
- Manage monthly reporting process for Board and Senior Management Committee, including analysis, trends, commentary;
- Drive a consistent approach to identify, assess, manage and report operational risk events, assessment issues and key risk indicators to identify trends and themes;
- Manage High Level Assessment reporting by summarizing all quarterly results by business and publish the data in the approved format;
- Build relationships and actively collaborate across the organization;
- Manage social media activities and assist with further development of operational risk reporting for senior management;
- Assist with ad hoc activities (documenting or editing word documents or power point presentations);
The candidate will be responsible for interacting with a variety of constituents to understand information needs, to consider and propose alternative useful data sets based on their own control knowledge, and the ability to work with teams within and outside risk to develop, aggregate or obtain data for reporting.
- The ideal candidate must have an understanding of operational risk.
- Advanced skills with Tableau (or other BI reporting tools).
- Solid analytical skills to synthesize, validate, and analyze data and metrics.
- Ability to think critically, analyze, prioritize, take initiative, and problem-solve.
- Self-motivated individual who can take initiative and manage work independently to meet demanding deadlines.
- Proven track record developing senior management reporting.
- Quick learner with excellent communication skills, team orientation, and ability to work with counterparts in different areas of the organization and locations.
- Strong organizational skills and an aptitude for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications are critical in this role due to the interaction with senior management.
- Operational Risk or Internal Audit experience (+7 years).
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of best practices in operational risk management, including third party
- Knowledge of U.S. and European banking regulations
- Project Management experience
- Experience working on a global team
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: PCSD13
Requisition Number: 1819040