BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist (Subject Matter Expert), Corporate Operational Risk Management Reporting
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Risk & Compliance is BNYM Mellon’s second line of defense, responsible for overseeing and challenging the first line of defense’s management of risk.
The role forms part of the Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) organization at BNY Mellon within Risk & Compliance. CORM is dedicated to providing direction, guidance, tools, training oversight and challenge to help businesses throughout the firm apply operational risk management best practices. The functional teams within CORM include:
- Policies, Tools and Training
- Third Party Risk
- Business Continuity
This role is a member of the Reporting Team which is responsible for developing and generating enterprise level Operational Risk reports for Executive Management, the Board, select Legal entities, regulators and the broader community managing operational risks. The team ensures accurate, comprehensive data is captured to support enterprise-wide operational risk management and analysis including risk identification, risk appetite, risk aggregation and enterprise-wide reporting.
The Operational Risk Senior Specialist will play a key role in developing and executing the reporting strategy, and improving reporting and analytic capabilities.
- Play a key role in building the Operational Risk Business Intelligence tool - Tableau;
- Responsible for the design, development, and enhancement of reports, dashboards, and visualizations in Tableau;
- Maintain Tableau including roles & permissions; data access; performance monitoring; subscriptions and alerts; and other aspects as needed;
- Develop robust aggregated reporting and dashboard views which provide management (1LoD and 2 LoD) with a comprehensive and integrated view of risks correlated to processes and the quality of controls; and, the ability to use Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) data as the tool to manage day to day risk, identify driving factors that could impact the quarterly High Level Assessments (HLA), and further analyze the risk profile of the business and the company;
- Perform quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of data;
- Build relationships and actively collaborate across the organization.
- Expert knowledge of Tableau
- Experience with system enhancement, design and testing.
- Ability to design effective data visualizations in reports and dashboards that identify trends.
- Solid analytical skills to synthesize, validate, and analyze data and metrics.
- Self-motivated individual who can take initiative and manage work independently to meet demanding deadlines.
- Quick learner with excellent communication skills, team orientation, and ability to work with counterparts in different areas of the organization and locations.
- Strong organizational skills and an aptitude for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications are critical in this role due to the interaction with senior management.
- Operational Risk or Internal Audit experience (+7 years)
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of best practices in operational risk management, including third party
- Knowledge of U.S. and European banking regulations
- Project Management experience
- Experience working on a global team
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: PCSD13
Requisition Number: 1819041