BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Corporate Operational Risk
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Risk & Compliance is BNYM Mellon’s second line of defense, responsible for overseeing and challenging the first line of defense’s management of risk.
The role forms part of the Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) organization at BNY Mellon within Risk & Compliance. CORM is dedicated to providing direction, guidance, tools, training oversight and challenge to help businesses throughout the firm apply operational risk management best practices. The functional teams within CORM include:
- Policies, Tools and Training
- Third Party Risk
- Business Continuity
This Group Manager role will be the team head for CORM staff based in Poland, and provide local supervision for the staff in the execution of CORM objectives. In addition, this role will aligned to one of the CORM functional teams depending on the individual’s skills and prior experience, contributing to the further development of the CORM framework.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
Support the execution of CORM objectives by contributing to the establishment of an enterprise-wide CORM framework that includes the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RSCA) approach, Key Risk Indicators (KRI) identification and reporting, Corporate Operational Risk Event notification and reporting, High level Assessments (HLAs), Scenario Analysis and operational risk policies.
Provide local leadership and coaching for CORM staff based in Poland by supporting recruiting efforts, developing staff and providing coaching and feedback.
Build relationships and actively collaborate across the organization.
- Experience with supervising teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver
- Operational Risk or Internal Audit experience (+10 years)
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication (verbal and written) skills – demonstrated ability to influence a global organization at a senior-most management level
- Natural curiosity and confidence with a willingness to respectfully challenge stakeholders
- Leadership and time management skills
- Team-oriented, hard-working and able to concurrently work on a large number of diverse and often complex issues and/or projects
- Experience working on a global team
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of best practices in operational risk management
- Knowledge of U.S. and European banking regulations
- Project Management experience
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: PCSD13
Requisition Number: 1819044