BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Corporate Operational Risk
Contributes to the ongoing oversight of day-to-day operational risk management activities. Provides oversight to the first and second line's identification, assessment, monitoring, risk exposure remediation and reporting of the business's risk exposure. Continues to build familiarity oversight of, consultation on and challenge of the firm’s risk management practices.
- To assist in the ownership of the Risk framework, methodology and requirements.
- To assist in the development of common procedures and processes to drive consistent application of the Risk Framework across business lines/legal entities.
- To help oversee the implementation of elements of the Risk framework, coordinating the execution of elements as required e.g. risk register, emerging risks, risk appetite.
- To help execute elements of the Risk framework as required e.g. facilitating scenario analysis.
- To help ensure that all regulatory requirements for the Risk framework are incorporated in the processes.
- Collaborate with management on formulating and developing the Risk framework to drive better execution of strategy and decision-making with regards to risk issues.
- Help develop, coordinate and provide Risk framework related training.
- Special projects as determined by the Deputy Chief Operational Risk Officer.
Risk Managements Responsibilities:
The following responsibilities are discharged more broadly by Risk Management at BNY Mellon.
- Oversees risk assessments, monitors the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, monitors and challenges business activities and promotes business line awareness of the operational risk management framework to improve the assigned business unit's compliance with the Corporate Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Advises on the development of reporting on operational risk management for the business line CRO on the management and mitigation of operational risks that may arise from the inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events. Reporting complies with the established Operational risk management framework.
- Oversees the first line's appropriate maintenance of RCSA and HLA and timely reporting of significant events including losses events and near misses. Participates in scenario analysis (SA) as requested.
- Continues to build working relationships with the Risk Management, Compliance and Audit teams and members of the business line team to increase the likelihood of timely completion of risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and operational loss estimation. Escalates issues to more senior professionals, as needed.
- No direct reports.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to gain confidence of senior management and challenge the status quo, as appropriate
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, has initiative and self-motivated is essential
- Knowledge of risk management, economic issues and regulatory environment; financial services / banking, investment services highly preferred
- Strong Excel skills are desired but not essential
- Proven track record of delivering
- Direct relevant work experience is preferred but not essential, including Operational Risk Management, audit and / compliance
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85189
Requisition Number: 1819048