BNY Mellon Careers
Java Web Developer (J2EE, Liferay)
We are looking for a strong Java/JEE Developer to be a core member of our Web Development team. The job involves designing, developing and supporting enterprise and custom solutions supported by strong web experience and skills. We are also looking for a candidate who can bring experience working directly with clients and with cloud architectures.
We make use of Liferay as a core product, so any experience in this product or any other portal platform is desired but not mandatory. A willingness to learn about Liferay is a must.
- Design, develop and support a range of web-based Java applications, primarily based on Liferay, but also using other proven advanced technologies.
- Develop and enhance testing strategies for all applications.
- Collaborate with other developer team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Work with our platform engineers to develop the platforms to which we deploy our applications.
- Work with clients to understand their requirements and offer suitable solutions considering technology, budgets and time constraints.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus.
- Strong Java/JEE skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing web applications.
- Knowledge of portal development required. Knowledge of JSR 168,JSR 286 and OSGi an advantage.
- Experience of Liferay preferred but not mandatory. Experience of other Portal software useful. Must be capable of adapting to using Liferay.
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, web services (SOAP and REST), and agile development methodologies desired.
- Experience with web server and app server configuration desired.
- An ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions with minimal direction.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Java Development Tools:
Proficient in most of the following development tools and practices:
- Java, J2EE
- Spring Framework and Spring MVC
- JSR 168 and JSR 286
- Eclipse, GIT, Maven, Nexus
- JSP, Servlets
- Junit and unit testing
- Liferay 7, or a minimum of Liferay 6.2
- Apache HTTPD server, Apache Tomcat, Nginx
- XML & XSL
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60144
Organization: Asset Management Technology-HR15726
Requisition Number: 1819109