BNY Mellon Careers
Configuration Management - Build Engineer (Lead Software Configuration Analyst)
- Analyzes and develops new or revised SDLC procedures and processes.
- Leads less complex application migrations through test environments
- Recommends software design based on requirements.
- Develops custom portions of a build, packaging and deployment system, including authoring of programs and scripts.
- Supports development and testing staff, troubleshooting production and development problems and assisting in the resolution of data, environmental and build related issues.
- Monitors and reviews software/hardware requirements and systems defects.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Lead Software Configuration Analyst->> Analyzes and develops new or revised SCM procedures and processes. May direct and provide technical guidance to assigned project teams. Leads less complex product migrations through all systems environments. Analyzes and documents systems requirements. Recommends software design based on requirements. Develops custom portions of the system, including authoring of programs and scripts. Supports development and test staff, troubleshooting production and development problems and assisting in the resolution of data, environmental and build related issues. Leads documentation of SCM procedures and processes. Monitors and reviews software/hardware requirements and systems defects. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is preferred. 4-6 years of experience in a systems SCM environment, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
**Will consider candidates with entry level experience in a systems environment.
- Unix Scripting Experience (Korn Shell)
- Object Oriented Programming
- Understand the principles and design of OOP development
- SQL experience
- Experience with SQL server a plus
- Java Programming experience
- Knowledge of Open Source development tools such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible*Agile CI/CD concepts a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Internal Jobcode: 45099
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1819195