BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Client Service Representative (Senior Analyst)
Overview or organization
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Title of the position
Senior Analyst, Client Services
Department Global Collateral Services – Collateral and Segregation
Reports to: Guy Huysmans
Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon Markets can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services
With over 1000 employees across three continents and $3 trillion in inventory of lendable assets for securities lending (as of December 2016), we pride ourselves on offering clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral solutions by offering innovative services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology and deliver services. We bring together our experts, technology and operational strengths to offer effective solutions that help our clients manage their risk, capital and liquidity needs.
• Works with external clients to resolve day-to-day issues and direct them to appropriate resources at BNY Mellon, and navigate the company on their behalf for all custody matters related to the collateral held within BNYM
• Supports clients in addressing operational and technical questions or issues and ensuring requests are executed. Applies problem solving skills based on precedence and experience.
• Uses communication skills to deliver high quality service to a specialized client base by handling external client queries (phone and email) related to settlement/payment/account optimization and directing external clients to the appropriate contacts within BNYM for other business aspects
• Acts as a coach and point of contact for the junior team members
• Escalates non-routine or complex issues to the WFL/Manager.
• Maintain client relationships, and perform regular service call reviews to increase efficiency and foster a cooperative relationship with our clients.
• Understands credit exposure and failing items
• Develops and maintain internal procedures
• Performs analyses on behalf of clients and internal stakeholders
• Ensures client activity and account setups are optimal, collaborate internally to improve future product offering
• Updates/develops KRI/KPI’s to monitor activity
• Follows all internal BNYM and/or CM&S procedures at all times.
• Advises management on a timely basis of any issues in maintaining such procedures.
• Suggests improvements whenever applicable. Seek clarification and/or challenge should anything not make sense.
Minimum Bachelor degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
0-3 years of total work experience preferred.
Experience in an operational area and/or client services preferred.
Working conditions and other information (working hours, full time, permanent etc.)
Mon – Wed – Fri 10:00 – 18:00
Tue – Thu 10:00 – 18:30
Full time & permanent.
Direct reports (if any)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70105
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1819216