BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Prog & Proj Mgmt - Business Manager
This role will support the Global Head of HR who’s team supports BNY Mellon’s global Operations organization of 21,000 employees in actively executing and managing the strategic leadership goals for the global Human Resources HR Business Partner organization.
People Planning & Strategy – partners with the HR CAO team, HR Compensation, Talent & Development and HR Managers to plan and administer programs including:
Talent Management processes (Offers, Requisitions, Promotions, Performance)
Awards & Recognitions
Administration & Operations - Manages highly complex special projects related to budget, business plans, governance & risk related items, internal communications and implementation of policies, standards, processes, and/or strategic projects including:
· Budget & Finance: Manage the department/group operating budget management; assist in the development of the operating plan including but not limited to:
o Staff/non-staff expenses
o Major project expenditures
· Strategic Project/Program Management:
o Leads initiatives within the business/function.
o Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
o Analyzes project implementation status and provides feedback.
o Solves complex issues in implementation to make recommendations for improving the project status.
o Identify opportunities for process improvements and best practice adoption across the department/group
o In conjunction with the management team, identify opportunities to shift administrative processes and change workflows to maximize revenue-generating activities
o Organizational announcements
o Project updates
o Town halls
o Strategic off-sites, management meetings
o Works with the business/function management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, and processes that require in-depth knowledge of business or function roles and organizational design.
o Works closely with senior management to understand their needs and provides appropriate guidance, direction, and communication.
Talent Planning & Strategy – partners with all of the HR COEs and HR business partners to plan and administer programs including:
· Organization Design
· Talent Management processes (Offers, Requisitions, Promotions, Performance)
· Awards & Recognitions
· Employee Engagement
· Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong Powerpoint and Excel skills required.
· 5-7 years of total work experience in Project Management preferred.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
· Has the ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to problems
· Manages complexity while driving multiple projects with focus and prioritization
· Intellectually curious and data driven
· Superior PowerPoint and Excel skills; Ability to deliver a strategic message in an executive format
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70185
Job: Human Resources
Organization: HR CSD-HR16444
Requisition Number: 1819243