BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Fund/Client Accounting (m/w/d)
The Specialist, Fund/Client Accounting will be assigned to a specific set of funds and clients along with a small number of other junior accounting staff to service PE/RE clients. The role will serve as primary day to day contact for daily service to PE/RE clients on a specific sub set of funds. The PE/RE Specialist I will provide premier client service and is responsible for the production of weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting to PE/RE clients. The incumbent will serve as the first escalation point for problem resolution and will escalate to the team manager as and when appropriate. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring a strong control environment is maintained at all times including strict adherence to Global PE/RE procedures and controls.
- Responsible for primary day to day contact for specific PE/RE clients and funds. Actively contribute to the production of PE/RE Operations client reporting.
- Ensures prompt escalation of potential client issues and contribute to developing solutions that meet client requirements.
- Ensure that PE/RE client deliverables are produced accurately and in compliance with policy within expected timeframe agreed in client service level documents.
- Promptly ensures any service delivery issues are escalated to the Team Manager. Actively contributes to the preparation of client KPI, MIS and report cards.
- Attend service review meetings with the Team Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that NAV packs for PE/RE clients are prepared in line with company policy and procedure.
- Assists Team Manager with resolution of any queries from Internal Control, Internal Audit, Trustee, SSAE 16 or external audit reviews.
- The incumbent requires problem solving skills necessary to solve various accounting issues that arise on a daily basis that affect clients and their accounts.
- S/he will act as the first escalation point for problem resolution and will assist more junior team members to solution problems they encounter in their day to day work.
- This role involves daily interactions with clients and internal departments within AIS, it requires the individual to provide service delivery to internal and external clients that is both accurate and efficient.
- The job holder will have a degree in accounting, business or other qualifications relevant to the investment industry and in particular PE/RE.
- Detailed working knowledge of the alternatives industry and of the different areas within service delivery.
- The individual should aggressively look to grow their knowledge and expertise in the PE/RE area.
- The encumbent will serve as a subject matter expert for more junior staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form is critical to this role.
- 5+ years Financial Services experience
- 2+ years in PE/RE.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70507
Organization: AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1819281