BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Corporate Operational Risk
BNY Mellon’s risk management framework ensures that all material risks in each business line are defined, understood, and effectively managed by well-designed policies and controls, and that an organizational structure is in place to provide oversight in managing such risks and other strategic concerns. The Team are responsible for formulating, coordinating and maintaining an effective risk framework for EMEA, encompassing all products and services offered by the company within the region.
Contributes to the ongoing independent oversight of first line day-to-day operational risk management activities for a standard assigned business line facing a moderate level of risk. Provides oversight to the first line's identification, assessment, monitoring, risk exposure remediation and reporting of the business's risk exposure. Continues to build familiarity with the assigned business line in order to provide oversight of, consultation on and challenge of first line risk management practices.
- To assist in the production of risk data and the associated risk reporting to EMEA Risk Governance Committees.
- To assist in the ownership of the Risk framework, methodology and requirements for EMEA, supplementing global policy where required.
- To assist in the development of common procedures and processes for EMEA to drive consistent application of the Risk Framework across business lines/legal entities.
- To help oversee the implementation of elements of the Risk framework in EMEA, coordinating the execution of elements as required e.g. risk register, emerging risks, risk appetite.
- To help ensure that all regulatory requirements for the Risk framework are incorporated in EMEA policy and processes.
- Help to define best practice on Risk framework related matters and work with the lob and LE risk managers to support them in executing for their lobs/LE.
- Help to assess all local regulation and regulatory action on Risk framework matters, and support the communication of the effect on our businesses.
- Collaborate with management on formulating and developing the Risk framework to drive better execution of strategy and decision-making with regards to risk issues.
- Help develop, coordinate and provide Risk framework related training.
- Special projects as determined by the Head of Risk Framework EMEA.
Risk Managements Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are discharged more broadly by Risk Management at BNY Mellon.
- Oversees risk assessments, monitors the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, monitors and challenges business activities and promotes business line awareness of the operational risk management framework to improve the assigned business unit's compliance with the Corporate Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Advises on the development of reporting on operational risk management for the business line CRO on the management and mitigation of operational risks that may arise from the inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events. Reporting complies with the established Operational risk management framework.
- Oversees the first line's appropriate maintenance of RCSA and HLA and timely reporting of significant events including losses events and near misses. Participates in scenario analysis (SA) as requested.
- Continues to build working relationships with the Risk Management, Compliance and Audit teams and members of the business line team to increase the likelihood of timely completion of risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and operational loss estimation. Escalates issues to more senior professionals, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to gain confidence of senior management and challenge the status quo, as appropriate
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, has initiative and self-motivated is essential
- Knowledge of risk management, economic issues and regulatory environment; financial services / banking, investment services highly preferred
- Strong Excel skills are essential
- Proven track record of delivering
- Direct relevant work experience is preferred but not essential, including Operational Risk Management, audit and / compliance
- No direct reports.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85187
Requisition Number: 1819386