BNY Mellon Careers
Investment Management Operational Risk Manager
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
• To oversee operational risk management in BNYM Investment Management Businesses.
• To provide assistance to risk managers in the Investment Management Businesses to help them identify and manage risk, and meet BNYM policy requirements.
• To provide advice to risk managers in the Investment Management Businesses in regards to BNYM requirements and the use of BNYM systems and data platforms.
• To develop management information at the regional level and ensure that BNYM Senior Management have a view of risks and control environment across the Investment Management Businesses.
• To ensure escalation of material risk issues.
• To lead the established consolidated ICAAP process and help ensure meeting other relevant regulatory requirements by the consolidation group.
• To facilitate communication between the boutiques’ risk management function and BNYM Enterprise Risk Management
Reporting into the Into the Investment Management Head of Risk and Compliance EMEA & LatAm, this role will hold responsibility for risk and compliance related issues within the firm.
• Risk Framework – to assist in maintaining and implementing an effective operational risk management framework in the investment management boutiques which meets BNYM standards and local regulatory requirements;
• Risk advisory – to provide advice and expertise to the investment management boutiques in respect of existing and new corporate risk policies, methodologies and tools;
• Apply analytical techniques to produce in-depth analysis of risk and control environment across the Investment Management Businesses;
• Diagnostic investigations into ‘priority’ operational risk events and issues across the boutiques;
• Develop and maintain regional management information;
• Coordinate the consolidated ICAAP across EMEA firms;
o Facilitate scenario development process for operational risk modelling for ICAAP that is adequate for investment management firms;
o Update consolidated ICAAP documentation to meet the regulatory requirements and support the ICAAP across the investment management boutiques;
o Update consolidated Pillar 3 Disclosure to meet the regulatory requirements;
• Risk Culture – to assist in developing and promoting risk culture across the investment management boutiques;
• Act in the role of Records Coordinator for the team.
• Internally within the department;
• Internally with senior management;
• Internally with staff in Investment Management Businesses;
• Externally with a variety of third parties as appropriate e.g. regulators, contractors.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85161
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1819390