BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Trust and Depositary
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Regulatory Evaluation, the role holder(s), will play an active role, within an inclusive team framework for the formulation of a series of EMEA wide ‘Regulatory Risk’ based oversight programmes, through to their full and complete discharge, this to be effected by a combination of established audit techniques and regulatory knowledge.
The effective and efficient discharge of EMEA Regulatory Evaluation programmes, is primarily delivered by the adoption of an ‘on site’ approach, through the utilisation of established audit, risk and relevant regulatory principles, and is complementary to ongoing monitoring structures utilised by Trust & Depositary
The roleholder(s), shall actively participate in all aspects relative to the full and efficient discharge of EMEA Regulatory Evaluation oversight plans. This including, but not exclusive to:
· Construction, upgrade and maintenance to ensure currency of all Section Risk Models to applicable Regulation.
· Formulation, maintenance and update as required of key oversight tools, including suite of Pre Audit Questionnaires and associated Tasksheet documentation, to ensure ongoing compliance to applicable regulation.
· Planning, undertaking and concluding all scheduled exercises, to agreed ‘Best Practice’ standards of completeness and to timescale.
· Regularly engage with Senior personnel of Client and Third Party appointees on a regular basis, to discuss all aspects of review process, including participation in and chairing of ‘close out’ meetings.
· Liase with Regulators and internal control functions as required.
Prospective role holder(s) should ideally have:-
· A detailed knowledge of UCITS/Non UCITS landscape
· Knowledge of CASS/CAP, and interest as pertinent upon oversight Programmes maintained by the Section.
· Detailed Knowledge of Custodian & Third Party provider services provision, including ‘Offshoring’.
· Experience of working in, or conducting oversight of, Regulatory based control environments
· A grounding in, or experience of basic Audit skills.
· A willingness and confidence to conduct, lead(as required) and successfully conclude to timescale a suite of ‘Regulatory based ‘ oversight exercises.
Due to the nature of the roles, as advertised, periodic requirement to travel to and between EMEA Jurisdictional locations will be required’
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70676
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1819395