BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Analyst, Client Processing
BNY Mellon is an investments company. We provide investment management, investment services and wealth management that help institutions and individuals succeed in markets all over the world. In the region of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, which we have been serving since the 1900s, we deliver services to a broad range of clients seeking access to global capital markets.
Headquartered in London—with offices in Liverpool, Jersey and Dublin—Pershing Limited draws on over 30 years of serving investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers and financial advisers across EMEA. Our core proposition delivers innovative and flexible technology solutions.
Based in Pershing Liverpool office the Cheque Management & Data Input teams are primarily responsible for the oversight of all outgoing payments and incoming Cheque payments for the underlying investors of Pershing Wealth and, Institutional clients. The role also includes the Client Service oversight of the Data Input team who (alongside their Chennai counterparts) process and manage manual processing of ledger transactions onto investor accounts.
Responsibilities – Supervision of the BAU activity.
• Production of end of day checklist & pack and use of daily control function checklists by team members of the Cheque Management & Data Input teams.
• Monitors work flows and processing issues to identify systematic patterns that may require adjustment to policies and procedures.
• Involvement in periodic review our team procedures, control models and KPI/KRI’s.
• Compliance with relevant FCA, JFSC & CBI regulations.
• Provides product knowledge and technical assistance as necessary.
• Manages the day-to-day activities and initiatives of the team.
• Directs staff, maximizing their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
• Provides support to business and technology managers; handles complex client inquiries and requests.
• Trains staff in technical tools and skills as well as specific internal or external client support activities to maximize their contribution to the team and ensure compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
• Supports the achievement of team objectives.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and business lines.
Responsibilities – Supervision of the following processes.
• Responsible for the processing of inward and outward cheque payments in an accurate and timely basis (as per currency and systematic deadlines).
• Processing of inward Dividend cheque payments.
• Processing of BACs submission to the market.
• To become a payments and Swift SME and support the needs of clients and internal stakeholders.
• Reconciliation and monitoring of all Pershing Client Cash bank accounts for the completion (or escalation) of any cash breaks.
• Application (or investigation) of any un-applied incoming funds owed to the underlying investors.
• Adherence to CASS / CAR regulations concerning the protection of Client Assets.
• Monitor Client un-paid positions over 60 days and ensure clearance or cover and produced reports
• Ensure that all client and internal queries raised via email, telephone or Pershing query management systems are responded to within the agreed SLAs.
• Maintain positive working relationships with all clients & business units of the business.
• Executes all correspondent requisites in a timely and accurate manner with an understanding of the underlying business or specific client needs.
Data Input (Client Service):
• Oversight and management of Data Input processing queries and transaction requests.
• Oversight of the Chennai Data Input team.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Understanding of general banking processes (clearance periods, cut off times etc).
• Good analytical and high level of accuracy is required.
• Previous experience of cheque, cash or settlement processing would be advantageous, as would a knowledge of SWIFT message formatting, CHAPS and BACS Payments.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products.
• Good organising and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise a heavy workload.
• Effective team player.
• Excel, VBA & Database skills would be advantageous.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Internal Jobcode: 70605
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1900020