Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The Administrator role will involve on-the job-training and migration among various teams within BNY Mellon in order to develop & acquire knowledge from various teams with sole purpose to understand the structure of the end-to-end process of Fund Accounting and related fields.
The duties and tasks you may expect to learn and be responsible for (among others) in those various teams are as follows:
- The timely and accurate preparation and calculation of all areas of Centralised Expense process: from the initial preparation of the budget to the final processing of payments and adjustments in accordance with BNY Mellon standard procedures.
- Daily reconciliation of trades and cash positions, trade bookings & cash reporting.
- Assistance in the completion of net asset values (NAVs) for client funds in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures
- Preparation of cash and asset reconciliations and perform price tolerance checks
- Understanding & reviewing the terms of all derivatives contracts in order to accurately record these products on internal Accounting Systems.
- Monitoring the lifecycle of the derivatives & ensuring rates are updated, cash settlements are reconciled to Custody and positions are reconciled to the Counterparty
- Trade execution and order management, trade confirmation processing, trade reconciliation and settlement, portfolio pricing, position and P&L valuation
- Creation and delivery of daily standard client reporting with SAP Business Objects
- Reviewing and ensuring that all tax deliverables, operational and first tax quality assurance related tasks are performed in accordance with new laws and regulations
- On-boarding of clients at BNY Mellon and ensuring the correct tax service and reporting is applied
- Providing clear, complete and accurate answers to Money Transfer related queries with specific focus on root cause
We are looking for students, graduates (from various faculties) and professionals who want to develop their knowledge in the area of finance. Requirements:
Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
BA or MA degree (from various faculties)
Proficiency with MS Office & PC literacy
Interest in, and a basic knowledge of, financial markets
Ability to focus on accuracy and timeliness
Active, communicative and able to work well in a team
Organisational, inter-personal and communication skills
Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under time pressure
Motivated to acquire knowledge, develop and advance
What we offer:
Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
Opportunity to understand the structure of the end-to-end process of Fund Accounting and related fields
Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional projects
A collaborative culture and great teams
A supportive, open and inclusive working environment
Job security with many opportunities for growth in a well-known company
Private medical cover and group life insurance
Sports, social and charity events
Opportunities to engage with BNY Mellon team members across multiple disciplines
QualificationsThis is a talent pipeline posting.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Cork-
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: PCSD62
Organization: Asset Servicing-HR06026
Requisition Number: 1900071