BNY Mellon Careers
Sr Analyst, Data Transfer, Integration and Quality Analysis
The Collateral Management product suite has been developed to meet the continuous requirements by major financial institutions and principle brokerage firms to improve their profit ratios. The successful management of their collateral (securities or cash) to support this was a logical development within the securities industry. The mission of Collateral Management and Segregation is to handle the administration and collateralization for the Collateral product suite.
The Global Testing and Business Support team (GTBS Team) has the following main responsibilities for all covered products within Global Collateral Management and Segregation:
• Production support: Liaison between technology and business operation groups as a first level of escalation for issues encountered on functional BAU processes or system issues
• User Acceptance Testing (UAT): Perform UAT, Support implementation to production, Training to stakeholders and post implementation support.
• Client onboarding support (includes client facing)
• Inbound and outbound messaging expertise support to internal and external client
• Reporting set up coordination
• Client testing
• Client access request coordination
The GTBS Expert has the responsibility to support the Collateral Management and Segregation business groups in their day to day on system and functional process problems as well as to specifically own the UAT and/or Client Onboarding for the assigned projects.
• Under moderate direction, analyzes, reconciles, troubleshoots and reviews incoming and outgoing data to ensure accurate performance/output generated by organization technology products and solutions.
• Tests data quality and confirms findings and conclusions with more senior team members.
• Communicates with outside vendors to confirm they have all necessary information.
• Analyzes and monitors data/reports to ensure quality of and accurate transfer, integration, translation, and reporting of data, reacting promptly to data quality statistics and client inquiries.
• Based on both documented processes and experiential analysis, executes simple to moderately complex data fixes, resulting in improved performance or accuracy.
• Executes test plans and ensures the quality and accurate delivery/transfer of test and production files.
• Builds domain and product knowledge through assisting colleagues and frequent interaction with technology developers, product teams, relationship/account managers, etc.
• Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed.
• Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
• A good understanding of the Collateral Management and Segregation business.
• Preferably a good understanding of the technical process flows linked to Collateral Management and Segregation business or proved background in a position exposed to these technical process flows
• A good understanding of the Global Custody business.
• Experience with UAT testing.
• Experience in one (or more) BNYM Asset Servicing departments is considered an asset as well as knowledge of systems used within these departments or 3 years’ experience in a similar function outside of BNYMellon.
• Swift message format knowledge is an asset.
• Understanding and reading technical format files is an asset.
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 1-3 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in securities or financial services preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Internal Jobcode: 70141
Job: Global Markets
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1900087