BNY Mellon Careers
Analyst, Credit Risk
Pershing provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. Pershing provides sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services, supported by a robust regulatory and compliance framework with dedicated client asset experience and expertise.
Under certain agreements, Pershing’s balance sheet may be used to settle trades, mainly UK equities, funds and fixed income instruments. The core responsibility is to contribute to the Credit and Market Risk culture within Pershing. This is done by reviewing clients, monitoring and understanding their business versus our risk appetite, by advising, assisting and implementing policies, controls and procedures to ensure the firm’s credit and market risk profile is appropriate and is in accordance with the firm’s risk policy.
With direct guidance, assists with risk management efforts for the assigned credit risk focus, including the analysis, review and presentation in Credit Committee of Pershing EMEA’s clients. An important element of the role is to identify potential risk issues, working with internal and external parties to resolve.
Primary Responsibilities all with direct guidance
- Preparation of reviews of clients and agent banks in line with policies, including the gathering of documentation and financial spreads.
- Produce quality reporting and analysis to management of client and counterparty exposure, identifying potential issues; communicate details to both internal and external parties.
- Escalation of potential issues in line with Pershing and wider BNYMellon risk policies
- Embed a risk culture within Pershing in order to clearly distinguish the roles and responsibilities between the first and second lines of defence.
No direct reports
Contributes to the achievement of Credit & Market Risk team objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Minimum GCSE Grade C in Maths and English.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proficient in Excel
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal form, with an excellent attention to detail
- Developed analytical skills and highly numerate
- Willingness to embrace and implement a programme of change
- Some experience/understanding of credit analysis of financial institutions/counterparties would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with small to large inter-dealer broker dealers, private wealth managers, stockbrokers, large international fund management groups would be beneficial but training will be given.
- An understanding of securities settlement, equity and fixed income markets and a working knowledge of the concept of how collateral can mitigate risk.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85353
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1900112