BNY Mellon Careers
Manager, Fund Reporting
The team is responsible for providing reporting and associated Fund Accounting services to clients in respect of collective investment vehicles.
The primary services provided are:
- Statutory Financial Reporting
- The team manages several large client relationships circa 130 OEIC, Unit Trusts and equivalent Funds
The jobholder is responsible for the delivery of statutory and regulatory financial reporting requirements for client’s collective investment vehicles including the calculation of distribution rates and taxation amounts, taking the senior role in delivery of this for the team.
The role involves review activities encompassing the supervision of Fund Accountants and some staff management aspects.
- Monitor fund accountant performance, conducting appraisals and performing standard staff management activities.
- Assist in recruitment of fund accountants in conjunction with manager
- Review accounts, short form reports and subsidiary information for collective investment vehicles ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards and ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards, relevant SORPs and other regulations
- Supervise and monitor production of financial statements.
- Review of accounts working papers files.
- Liaison with appropriate external and internal parties re team deliverables.
- Where appropriate or required deputise for Manager, provide cover for team deliverables and support other Financial Reporting teams.
- Plan, organise and monitor the production of accounts and subsidiary information for collective investment vehicles
- Review and sign-off of accounts files, distribution information, proof reports and other associated calculations and information.
- Ensure effective and cooperative liaison with external parties relevant to team deliverables.
- Ensure effective liaison with other internal teams.
- Other project work and ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Experienced accountant with sound double entry and financial accounting knowledge including UK GAAP or equivalent standards exposure
- Accounting qualification qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) or part qualified (ACA / ACCA)
- Good knowledge of the securities industry with experience in an FCA/PRA regulated business
- Preferably experience of IMA SORP requirements and financial reporting for OEIC / Unit Trust or equivalent vehicles
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70492
Organization: Glb Fund Accnt & Fund Admin-HR13984
Requisition Number: 1900115