BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Developer *
The ACH (Automated Clearing House) application is a legacy batch / online processing and delivery system that provides for the distribution and settlement of electronic debits and credits. It is an inexpensive transfer of funds. The system objective is to process customized client payments that include settlement and selected reporting in a timely efficient manner while meeting the established NACHA windows. ACH is seeking an experienced Cobol, CICS, DB2 Sr. Specialist Project/Program Mgr. The candidate should expect the opportunity to be a significant contributor to a globally diverse technology team and will be challenged to identify and execute on solutions for our internal business groups. The ideal candidate has worked in the financial services industry and possesses in-depth knowledge of payment services, experience delivering on concurrent, complex application development projects and an understanding of mainframe technology platforms. The primary responsibilities include;
- Working with the application software development services for medium to large sized projects.
- Responsibility for all facets of the BNYM development life cycle from Planning through Implementation.
- Plays a key role in design, construction and testing - ensuring a high quality product for implementation.
- Collaborating with team members to perform all change management practices and policies related to coding, testing and implementation activities.
- Awareness and compliance of all risk and compliance controls.
- Ensuring application performance standards are appropriately defined and achieved.
- Collaborating with ACH business partners to identify and implement appropriate solutions.
Lead Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in situations of moderate complexity. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic application system designs and specifications, utilizing BNY Mellon's standard development methodology, procedures and techniques. Designs and codes programs, and creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs. Prepares the final and detailed versions of system modification requirements, ensures turnovers are done on time and correctly. Interfaces with architects to design, code, test and implement application programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight to ten (5-7) years of experience in software development required.
- Hands-on experience in COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 Mainframe development. MQ Series and NAS knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in the Payments services industry is preferred.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Prior knowledge of ACH processing, especially NACHA, and/or The Clearing House is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 4-6 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus, should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45115
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1900169