BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Treasury and ALM
The Senior Specialist is a member of Asset Liability Management team within Corporate Treasury, focusing on liquidity management. The primary responsibilities of the senior Specialist include the preparation of liquidity forecasts for stress testing, the development of liquidity assumptions and ad-hoc analysis related to the liquidity impact of business initiatives.
To fulfill this role, the Senior Specialist will be required to:
· Have a strong understanding of emerging regulatory requirements for liquidity to optimize the Company's liquidity risk framework and represent the Company in interactions with the Company's primary regulators.
· Develop, implement, and perform leading liquidity stress testing practices for the Company and significant internal legal entities that are commensurate with their respective liquidity risk. Design and model stress scenarios and determine appropriate stress triggers for Liquidity Stress Testing
· Monitor and measure existing liquidity risk in the Company and develop methods to enhance risk measurement and mitigate risk. Analyze the liquidity risk inherent in all Company new products and significant changes to existing products.
· Additionally, the role will have significant interaction with other analysts on the team and will be expected to coordinates projects across the team and Treasury as well as mentor junior analysts. Conduct group meetings with representatives from treasury, risk and business lines as needed and present liquidity analysis to Treasury Risk Committees and senior management
· Develop appropriate documentation for all covered activities and support the preparation and implementation of project plans
· Ability to manage and support the development of the ALM junior analyst staff
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· College Degree is required with 8+ years of financial or consultative services
· Graduate degree (MBA) is preferred along with experience interacting with senior managers
· High proficiency in written and verbal communications skills is required
· Strong problem solving ability required
· Accounting or financial background with knowledge of financial statements and ratios is required
· Experience with Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) software would be a plus
· MS Office proficient
· Database querying skills (SQL) would be a plus
· Project management skills required
· Works independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to draft complex documentation is preferred
· Comfortable with unstructured and changing environment
Additional skillset includes: analysis of corporate financial statements, business process modeling and understanding of a complex financial institution's operational work flows; quick learning capacity; poise under pressure; strong quantitative and qualitative skills; ability to synthesize large amounts of data and deduce conclusions from data gaps; ability to draw persuasive conclusions in PowerPoint presentations to executive management; strong leadership abilities; works effectively in a co-located team environment; interacts comfortably with staff at all levels; displays a willingness to challenge conventional thinking.
Candidate is expected to work independently with minimal supervision and to develop into a highly trained professional with a well-balanced understanding of the company's range of activities. Leadership aptitude will be of essence in order to guarantee completion of task on a timely manner.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Internal Jobcode: 85268
Organization: Corporate Treasury-HR06004
Requisition Number: 1900467