Are you interested in:
- Working with major Dutch financial institutions?
- Being in the financial heart of Amsterdam, but also on-site at clients?
- How crypto-assets will impact the financial industry?
- Exploring how cyber crime may put asset managers at risk?
BNY Mellon is a market leader in both investment management as investment services to professional investors. BNY Mellon has over 51,000 employees, is active in 35 countries and has US $ 33.1 trillion assets under custody and/or administration. In the Netherlands, BNY Mellon provides depositary services to collective investment schemes, mainly Dutch registered investment funds. The depositary team is located in Amsterdam (Zuidas).
The role of the depositary has been created by the European Commission to prevent another Madoff or Lehman catastrophe happening and to improve the safety of investing in funds. The duty of the depositary covers a broad range of tasks and responsibilities, including monitoring the funds’ cash flows, safekeeping of the funds’ assets and various oversight and control tasks, particularly in the areas like asset valuation, calculation of the NAV, compliance with investment policies and restrictions and transfer agent activity. As part of the oversight and control tasks, the depositary verifies whether the processes of the fund manager are performed according to its procedures, fund rules and laws. The oversight include due diligence and risk assessment activities, on-site reviews as well as testing (incl. re-performance) the process output as provided by the fund manager. In this role you need to stay up-to-date of developments in laws and regulations, technological developments like blockchain and crypto-assets as well as market events that might impact the safety of the investor’s assets.
- Periodically carrying out reviews and checks on investment- and administrative procedures of clients. These checks include testing and re-performing processes like valuations, monitoring fee accruals and compliance to investment restrictions
- Daily cash reconciliation and cash flow analysis
- Performing and monitoring safekeeping activities, including assessing custody risk
- Liaising with investment managers and fund administrators to ensure that any errors, breaches and queries are appropriately followed up and resolved in a timely manner
- Assessing risks in the funds (and delegated) activities and advising on measures to improve quality of processes
- Producing periodical reports and presenting the findings and development to fund managers
- Planning and assisting in due diligence activities and on-site reviews with clients, custodians, (prime) brokers and external administrators (e.g. fund accountants and transfer agents) as performed by BNYM Fiduciary Oversight team
- Supporting the Head of Depositary with planning and coordinating activities (e.g. on an interim basis)
Master or Bachelor(-plus) degree, preferable in Accountancy or Controlling
Good communication skills in Dutch and English (both verbal and written)
The ability and interest to read and understand legal and relevant financial documentation
Well-developed management- and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently (prioritising, planning and organising your own work), but also as part of a team
- Highly motivated to ensure work is completed within deadlines and to a high standard
- Proactive with an ability for problem solving
- Critical and persistent attitude
- Ability to establish and develop effective relationships
If you think you are the right candidate, please apply online.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Netherlands-Amsterdam-Amsterdam
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70617
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1900479